Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: The Gravity Bong -- 2fort
The Gravity Bong-2008 << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 [3] 4
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
G-240
Thu Jan 08 2009, 12:03AM

Steam Alias: Probably something gay and anime.
Class: Medic
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I honestly have no idea what to say but I'll ramble a bit . I fucking love this place obviously, as I have somewhere around 22 days on the server.

I got TF2 sometime around the summer, and just tried to find a server that I could hold a decent connection to. I had no idea what 2fort was and I didn't really care. I had a mic since day 1 and was always asking stupid questions (not much has changed, has it? ) or making some kind of silly comment.

Again it's been one wild ride for 2008, with all the dispensers, penii, and whatnot on the server but what really makes this server is the fact that I know there's always someone that's good conversation and fun to play with online in one place.

With the days of the turbine/badwater server gone and us having our amazing rotation server now I've enjoyed so many more maps.

With almost any game I play I'm pretty ADD about what I'm doing and I have quite a few classes down to where I'm semi-competent on how to play them and I've gotten really decent at engineer and that's mostly thanks to all the regulars on here who offer advise, or blow up my sentry so I know I need to move it.

With all of the sappiness out of me, that leaves me to make some emo comment about how you tolerate my emo/bitchiness and then say thanks again to everybody for making this a fucking awesome new year. Let's have a great 2009.

NoFear05
Thu Jan 08 2009, 12:05AM

Steam Alias: nofear005
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

TheAntiHick wrote ...

(Also, nofear, technically it wasn't an accident--it was a technical fuck up. I tried to ban someone who wasn't on the server using their steam ID, and even though it was completely different from yours, it banned you as well as that person. No clue why it happened, it hasn't happened to me since)

Well, that makes a lot more sence than my original theory.

Off topic. This made me laugh.

[ Edited Thu Jan 08 2009, 12:06AM ]
silent
Thu Jan 08 2009, 12:38AM

Steam Alias: silent
Class: Spy
Liked 11 times in 3 posts

Ahh, I joined right as all that drama was blowing over, so I do remember the old forums-ahh, not exactly nostalgic, but I'm glad to have dipped my toes in some of the prehistoric BONG It's definitely come a long way since then, and it still has quite a bit of mileage left, so...I'm excited heheh.

Timeth Quet
Thu Jan 08 2009, 01:08AM

Steam Alias: Timeth Quet
Class: Your mother
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Mmm well I'm pretty new to the Community, only starting in the wanging weeks of 2008, but boy were those weeks amazing.

My best friend Danny got TF2 the week it came out and played it allll the time when we hung out. Eventually he found the Bong and played on it regularly (this is back when he had no mic) I would just kind of sit behind him and watch and it seemed like fun. I eventually got the game and played off and on, but it wasn't really for me. I stopped playing for months and then November and the l4d demo came. Danny and I downloaded the demo and played the living shit out of it and that's when I got my first taste of the BONG community (oddly enough it wasn't in TF2 ) I played with Vali, G, Hick and a couple other guys in L4D and had a blast. With some persuasion via these forums, Hick, Silent and all of them got me to try TF2 again.

I was immediately welcomed in. Five minutes into playing I already felt like a loved regular and was well on my way to having an amazing time. Here we are a few weeks later and I've made some great friendships (And I do mean it when I say friendships. Love ya Hick, G, Vali, Crow, Bio, Gono, Beetus and anyone else I forgot!)

Uhm so yeah. I look forward to 2009 with ya guys and hopefully there will be many more later nighters to have with ya!

Bong on!

Haxus
Thu Jan 08 2009, 08:12AM

Steam Alias: 76561197979240110
Class: Sniper
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Well generally I pick servers by their ping, and the BONG was usually under 20ms, so it was a prime choice. Plus I got to hang out with a bunch of stoners, which means things are generally more laid back. I grew to love the community, and didn't realize ANYONE could wear a bong tag until someone had already invited me.

I remember when I first started sniping in TF2. I treated it like Counterstrike, and thought movement/crouching affected accuracy. I was so pleased when I found out it was 100% accurate regardless, and more like a railgun than a sniper rifle. This meant all the hours I had poured into Quake2 railgun arena would be put to good use. I quickly adapted and have developed my skills greatly since then.

Good snipers are one of my favorite parts of BONG. I might not have a great KPD, but that's because I'm always seeking a challenge. I love being on the losing team, and am always up for a good showdown. If I see a good sniper on my team, there's a good chance I'll be switching to the opposing team for some practice. I remember when I joined BONG Code7 was probably the only really decent sniper that was a regular. Beetus started really getting into sniping and has improved VASTLY. Not saying he wasn't good to begin with, and he's probably my favorite person to snipe against, but I never used to have the trouble with him that I do now. Darkside of The Noob is pretty sick too though. Naku just doesn't snipe enough anymore, otherwise he'd be on my list too

You guys are great, and every single one of you provides a unique aspect to the community. I love it here, and look forward to another year with everyone!

BONG ON!

frostmute
Thu Jan 08 2009, 09:02AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

wow, theres alot of love in here.....

Thanks to everyone for being themselves, lets tear '09 a new one.

TEAM RED FTW !!!!!

[ Edited Thu Jan 08 2009, 09:03AM ]
Mama
Fri Jan 09 2009, 11:45PM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

Yeah, I remember the old forums/website pretty well. All the drama. Code, Ice, Zarm... I miss them, but I wouldn't trade them for community we have now. I love you guys.

For what it's worth, Cyrus, I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK!

Heh, I was just looking at hlstats. I hadn't realized that I actually started playing on the bong in May. Been around this group longer than I thought. lol

dragonball156
Sat Jan 10 2009, 10:08AM

Steam Alias: dragonball156
Class: soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

right on with <3

twkr
Wed Jan 14 2009, 09:42AM

Steam Alias: twkr
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Reading all these heartfelt comments has made want to post my own. I started playing TF when it was just another mod for quakeworld; I remember liking future vs fantasy and paintball but knew TF was different. By the time Mega TF came out (in 98 I believe?) I was totally hooked. I played soldier when my connection was steady and basement engy when it wasn't. I learned to bunnyhop as a HWguy with the 20mm cannon to the horror of everyone. After a few years, though, the community slowly drained away and died. I didn't move on to TFC. After years of no TF frags, I got the orange box (I still haven't played HL2) in September of 2008 and instantly fell in love with playing medic, much to my surprise. Bouncing from server to server to server, though, I found peeps constantly bitching at me that they didn't care for my "abandoning" them, screaming when to pop ubers or generally being unappreciative of my efforts. Twenty hours into the game and I really didn't want to play medic anymore. Thank God I found the BONG then. I still remember my first day or two on the Bong; Hick accused me of being Schlampa (who the fuck is Schlampas?!) and trying to pronounce my name (is it thwakar? tuhweeekur? tuerker?) but I recognized that players here actually gave a shit and I keep coming back. I learned to hate the water, fear the snipers and duck behind meatshields because the players here are a cut above. Now I'm a regular fixture as medic and loving it... love the server, love you all (in a non-gay way).

[ Edited Wed Jan 14 2009, 12:32PM ]
khamir-ubitch
Wed Jan 14 2009, 10:55AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

I, like twkr, have been playing since TF was a mod of quake. I spent countless hours as a demo man, mostly because he wasn't very popular and people didn't know how to deal with an "effective" demo guy.

I didn't play much TFC since my "career" was taking off most during then and I was heavy into Counter-Strike. I had heard they were coming out with a new Team Fortress based on the Half-Life 2 engine and was interested. I had forgotten about it until the Orange Box for the 360 came out, I bought it and was instantly hooked.

A few months later, I bought it for PC and never looked back. I tried a few classes, but I settled on Demo & Medic.

I've been asked to join clans & scrim with people, but I never really connected with a "group" like I have with the [BonG]'ers.

The first players I met were Anti-Hick, G240, Pimp, etc. Most everyone here is selfless and laid back. If we need a medic, SOMEONE will go medic. If we need an Engie, SOMEONE will go engie. I don't know, it's just my group. You folks are a relatively intelligent group who are not self-loving stat-whores. That was a refreshing change. Also, most of the stuff done here is done at a decent hour (I live in Texas - CST). That helps.

I love this place, I may stray, but my home is on [BonG].

Go to page  1 2 [3] 4  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1322 sec, 0.0231 of that for queries. DB queries: 74. Memory Usage: 2,720kB