Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: User Content
Timeth's Recipe Book (Now featuring Ramps, Inspired by the Forest!') << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 [3] 4 ... 22 23 24
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Timeth Quet
Sat Jan 17 2009, 09:28PM

Steam Alias: Timeth Quet
Class: Your mother
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

For my families very belated Christmas party today I cooked two dishes; Chinese BBQ Pork and the Lemonblueberry bars; both of which I took pictures of for all of you to see

Overall, things went very well this morning when making them; I had the pork marinating for two days in a wash of Soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, honey and (excuse the spelling) Gin hoi sauce or something to that affect along with one or two other hella asian sauced I can't think of at the moment.

I used the party as an excuse to really work on my plating presentation, and I feel I did a MUCH better job with it than the pork shoulder last week.

As with last time, comments, critique and other suggestions are more than welcome! Let me hear it

bug
Sat Jan 17 2009, 10:22PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:17605652
Class: Medic? Pyro? Heavy?
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Wow, Timeth! Those look beautiful and delicious.

khamir-ubitch
Sun Jan 18 2009, 09:58AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Class: Medic
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Christ. Why do I always read this mid-morning (too late for breakfast, but too early for lunch)?!

Looks good. I'd chow down on that pork in a hearbeat!!

Haxus
Sun Jan 18 2009, 10:55AM

Steam Alias: 76561197979240110
Class: Sniper
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I dunno, the spacing on the inner ring of the pork is a little off....

Just kidding, looks awesome man.

Mama
Sun Jan 18 2009, 11:41AM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

My first thought on seeing those plates was "Lovely!" second was "Why the hell can't I EAT some of it?!?" I like the sprigs of mint decorating it. Pretty, edible... can't go wrong. <3

Timeth Quet
Sun Jan 18 2009, 12:31PM

Steam Alias: Timeth Quet
Class: Your mother
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Thank you for all of your comments!

I was slightly dissapointed by the cheesecake. I was making it for a party, and needed to double the recipe, unfortunately, there was no pan that fit those requirements, so it all got a bit cramped with the 3 cups of bluberries (The ones we picked out this time were also a bit bigger and juicier) and I think that caused them to crack the cheesecake all throughout the pan and several of the berries exploded. So I wasn't to happy about that. But luckily I was able to make one of them look nice and special for all of yall

The pork was pretty much perfect. Very simple recipe as well that my dad taught me. Just marinate it for as long as you can (Pobably could do it in just about anything) making sure to penetrate it with a fork lots so marinade is able to soak in lots. Then you just cook it for 20 minutes on one side, flib it over and glaze honey on it, bake for another 15 minutes and then flip it over again, glazing it with the honey and cooking it for a final 15 minutes.

Some of the best cooked pork I've ever had!

dragonball156
Sun Jan 18 2009, 11:01PM

Steam Alias: dragonball156
Class: soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

damn dude that looks good man the bacon looked good to......

Toast
Sun Jan 18 2009, 11:48PM

Steam Alias: KaeBii
Class: Anything
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I lol'd so hard at that cheeseburger-fries-nuggets pizza. Oh man.

dragonball156
Mon Jan 19 2009, 12:26PM

Steam Alias: dragonball156
Class: soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

How was that pizza?

DrakeMegrim
Tue Jan 20 2009, 05:44AM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

That's the first time I've seen McDonald's turned into a pizza. That can't be a normal eating habit of his.

Go to page  1 2 [3] 4 ... 22 23 24  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1103 sec, 0.0177 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,700kB