Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
The typical 'What do you do for a living?!' post. << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2 3 ... 16 17 18
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Sir Osis
Sun Jul 13 2008, 06:58PM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Everyone seems to have lives here, which is absurd for online communities. Talk about 'em eh?

I am essentially the entire East Coast staff of a record label. Which basically means I have to go to shows and meet people. I drink a lot, but it comes with the territory I suppose. I actually do honest to God work when I fly out to the West Coast, which is why I kind of disappear from time to time. It's a living sort of.

Helix
Sun Jul 13 2008, 10:53PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Class: Soldier
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

Dude osis, that sounds like a bad ass job.

I am still a student. Just graduated with a bachelors in mangt information systems, and just applied for grad school. So hopefully I get in so I can enjoy college life a bit more before going into the real world

silent
Sun Jul 13 2008, 11:08PM

Steam Alias: silent
Class: Spy
Liked 11 times in 3 posts

Still a student as well, working on a double-major in neuroscience and biochem, hoping to go to med school afterwards to become a neurosurgeon.

In any case, that's the plan....we'll see how it all works out I guess.

SirShroomy
Sun Jul 13 2008, 11:49PM

Steam Alias:
Class:
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Thats great silent, that what 20 years of college?

I'm in college for Electrical Engineering, just a little bit more left to go.

And in my spare time I work at a Museum of Natural History as a Exhibit and Planetarium Assistant Tech. and I also work at a Bowling Alley working on AMF 82-70 Pin spotters.

pk
Mon Jul 14 2008, 01:30AM

Steam Alias: pk808
Class: ?
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I went to school for Computer Science at Purdue and hated it. I didn't learn anything. Just a ton of bullshit busywork.

I am now the GM of a multi-million dollar movie theater. It doesn't quite relate to my major, but I still write code and enjoy the freedom of movement over a CS position (to the coffee pot and back).

Naku the Insane
Mon Jul 14 2008, 02:30AM

Steam Alias: Naku the Inasne
Class: Sniper
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I'm still in school myself, i dont got a clue what i want to be, most likely a videogame programmer, if not that, maybe a cop or something, i currently work at Panera bread and its the BEST JOB EVER just cause of the people i work with

Sage
Mon Jul 14 2008, 04:10AM

Steam Alias:
Class:
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I'm a state / government (in case of disasters) employee. I work for EMS (Emergency Medical Services) in a few counties in Kansas.

Sir Osis
Mon Jul 14 2008, 07:11AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

HeLiX wrote ...

Dude osis, that sounds like a bad ass job.

I am still a student. Just graduated with a bachelors in mangt information systems, and just applied for grad school. So hopefully I get in so I can enjoy college life a bit more before going into the real world

It's pretty wicked. It does have the blow back of having to travel at ungodly hours, which when your body says you're young, but your brain and organs differ, it tends to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

I went to college and got a degree in biomedical engineering with a minor in international business. Good to see I'm really using them both to the fullest.

Silent, where are you doing your fifty years of school at?

Helix
Mon Jul 14 2008, 07:51AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Class: Soldier
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

ohh man. if anyone ever gets into an accident in kansas, you'll get to meet sage

silent
Mon Jul 14 2008, 09:47AM

Steam Alias: silent
Class: Spy
Liked 11 times in 3 posts

I"m doing undergrad at the University of Texas at Dallas under the McDermott Scholars Program, which essentially pays me to go to school and sends me abroad to study as well. I was planning on studying at Duke but it wasn't particularly affordable, even though they gave me more money than UTD (it was just way more expensive...). UTD also has a really good neuroscience program which is pretty neat.

As for med school, I'm probably applying to Johns Hopkins, Harvard Med, U.Penn and then some in Texas, etc.

Yeah...ambitious...

[ Edited Mon Jul 14 2008, 09:48AM ]
Go to page  [1] 2 3 ... 16 17 18  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1115 sec, 0.0170 of that for queries. DB queries: 71. Memory Usage: 2,649kB