Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
The typical 'What do you do for a living?!' post. << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 3 ... 16 [17] 18
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
BiGTeX
Wed Jul 16 2014, 11:54PM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I machine stuff for UHAUL and places.

bldwilco
Wed Jul 23 2014, 04:33PM

Steam Alias: bldwilco
Class: Medic
Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Undergrad at Arkansas and Masters at Univ. of Tulsa. Now work as a petro engineer. Haven't been at it that long yet but it seems enjoyable so far.

lexicalpedant
Wed Jul 23 2014, 10:27PM

Steam Alias: lexicalpedant
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

New job! Or same job, but a company offered me wayyyyy more money than Jason's Deli. My job title is less impressive, but I made it to six figures before 30, so they can call me what ever the hell they want.

bldwilco
Thu Jul 24 2014, 01:09AM

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Nice! That's kind of my feeling on it as well. I never thought the day would happen to work for a six figure salary and especially at 28. Still seems surreal. Congrats again on the promotion.

knife_out
Thu Jul 24 2014, 06:01AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

I'm making all sorts of bank as a dishwasher at a local seafood restaurant while going to community college, getting my core classes out of the way before transferring to a state school for structural engineering. Life is fun...

Skyhawk
Thu Jul 24 2014, 08:49AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

BiGTeX wrote ...

I machine stuff for UHAUL and places.

can you build a robit? (beep, boop, beep)

Skyhawk
Thu Jul 24 2014, 08:53AM

lexicalpedant wrote ...

New job! Or same job, but a company offered me wayyyyy more money than Jason's Deli. My job title is less impressive, but I made it to six figures before 30, so they can call me what ever the hell they want.

Congrats on the move, but you'll have to give up that employee discount at JD No more free Reuben The Greats for you. Priorities Pal.

Skyhawk
Thu Jul 24 2014, 08:57AM

knife_out wrote ...

I'm making all sorts of bank as a dishwasher at a local seafood restaurant while going to community college, getting my core classes out of the way before transferring to a state school for structural engineering. Life is fun...

I started as an hourly at Red Lobster years ago and worked my way to a regional director position over 12 stores in Dallas. Keep those dishes clean and your nose brown. Opportunities Buddy.

bldwilco
Thu Jul 24 2014, 01:21PM

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

All it takes is effort. Worked at bbq restaurant and also a bar to pay my way through school. Sucked sometimes but you have to keep your eye on the prize.

lexicalpedant
Thu Jul 24 2014, 08:31PM

Steam Alias: lexicalpedant
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

lexicalpedant wrote ...

Congrats on the move, but you'll have to give up that employee discount at JD No more free Reuben The Greats for you. Priorities Pal.

I'm moving to Lupe Tortilla, and get an employee card that's good for food AND booze, it's a 100% win-win.

Go to page  1 2 3 ... 16 [17] 18  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0923 sec, 0.0200 of that for queries. DB queries: 69. Memory Usage: 2,652kB