Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
The typical 'What do you do for a living?!' post. << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 3 ... 16 17 [18]
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
bldwilco
Thu Jul 24 2014, 09:37PM

Steam Alias: bldwilco
Class: Medic
Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Never eaten at one before. Can its food be better than JD white chicken chili?

Skyhawk
Fri Jul 25 2014, 09:09AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Man I do miss that part of the restaurant business. Working my way through different levels of store management afforded many late nights of open bar for me and my buddies. No Lupe Tortillas in Dallas yet

knife_out
Fri Jul 25 2014, 11:42AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

knife_out wrote ...

I'm making all sorts of bank as a dishwasher at a local seafood restaurant while going to community college, getting my core classes out of the way before transferring to a state school for structural engineering. Life is fun...

I started as an hourly at Red Lobster years ago and worked my way to a regional director position over 12 stores in Dallas. Keep those dishes clean and your nose brown. Opportunities Buddy.

I do NOT want to stay in the restaurant business. My brother has been working at one chain for about twelve years and he isn't even the longest employee at his workplace.

Skyhawk
Fri Jul 25 2014, 02:06PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Restaurant hours are of for young guys. When I hit about 33, I needed a little better quality of life. It was a lot of fun for awhile but working every holiday and weekend gets old after awhile.

knife_out
Fri Jul 25 2014, 11:16PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

Restaurant hours are of for young guys. When I hit about 33, I needed a little better quality of life. It was a lot of fun for awhile but working every holiday and weekend gets old after awhile.

I'm ALMOST 19 and I cannot stand to work in a restaurant. I have no idea how, at 16, I was able to work from 6pm-2am or so some days. Also, there are at least 4 people at my work who are 50+.

lexicalpedant
Sat Jul 26 2014, 09:54PM

Steam Alias: lexicalpedant
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

bldwilco wrote ...

Never eaten at one before. Can its food be better than JD white chicken chili?

The chicken chili is solid, but Lupe is on the same level as JD with quality of food, and in my opinion, is a little better. They're hard to compare though since one is a deli that majors in sandwhiches and business lunches, while the other makes most of their stuff in house fresh and majors in margaritas/fajitas.

bldwilco
Sat Jul 26 2014, 11:28PM

Steam Alias: bldwilco
Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Gotcha. I guess I'm so partial to my neighborhood JD because it is above a bar and next door to a cigar lounge.

minhua
Tue Sep 29 2015, 04:14AM

Steam Alias: gravitybong
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

How It Plays: The nunchuk serves as the flight stick, and you tilt and twist appropriately to steer. The analog stick is the throttle, and it can be a bit tricky initially to get the hang of managing the throttle and steering with the same hand. Fortunately, Combat Wings is fairly forgiving when it comes to the physics of flight, focusing on fun over strict realism.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Check out our latest developments Runescape Gold(PS4,Xbox One, PC) and Maplestory2 Mesos

Go to page  1 2 3 ... 16 17 [18]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0765 sec, 0.0153 of that for queries. DB queries: 61. Memory Usage: 2,607kB