Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Entertainment
Official ' What Are You Listening To?' Thread << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 [2] 3 ... 32 33 34
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Jewels
Tue Oct 28 2008, 01:11AM

Steam Alias: Jewels
Class: Heavy or Pyro
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I myself listen to Alternative (U2, Curly, Tears for Fears, Etc)

Joker71005
Tue Oct 28 2008, 11:15AM

Steam Alias: Joker71005
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Actually, I've been listening to the new Metallica CD, granted its not as good as their old stuff, but its actually pretty damn good, who knew? *shrug*

khamir-ubitch
Tue Oct 28 2008, 05:10PM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Class: Medic
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

I've been listening to "Vampire Weekend" lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XC2mqcMMGQ&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlgNFwoApec&fmt=18

...but I enjoy a wide variety of music. Ska, Lounge, Rock, Punk, Etc...

-K

Sir Osis
Thu Oct 30 2008, 08:39AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I got home for the first time in over a month to a stack of records about two feet high. Currently, I'm at Dillinger Four's 'C I V I L W A R' which is probably in my top five of albums of 2008. Granted, Rabbit Habits by Man Man is number one, and everyone here who hasn't purchased a copy yet should go do so now at their local record store. If they download it, then Al Gore will kill their internet. It's in the Constitution.

Judas
Thu Oct 30 2008, 12:54PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:16513303
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

i go to shows to show my support for musicians. i download the music because they have something to prove. not me.

Sir Osis
Thu Oct 30 2008, 01:37PM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

You download albums because you were born in a time when that's a possibility. You don't have to go to the record store, and even more begrudgingly, most of you folks miss out on the joy of thumbing through the bin of LPs and enjoying the artwork and getting the full experience of an album. Also, why do musicians have anything to prove to you? For Christsakes, what with MySpace killing music and all, you have enough opportunities to peep parts for free all over the internet. So, if you need something 'proven' you have multiple chances to get a good idea about what you will be buying.

The point is, if you don't actually pay for records, an all ready dying industry will lose what last leg it has left. Thank Christ for vinyl sales or most of the Indie labels would have probably been forced to cut corners even more or fold in upon themselves.

Ms.Crow
Sat Nov 01 2008, 10:01PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:1:16743284
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Stone Temple Pilots.

I got to see them in concert May 17th!
woo.

Judas
Sun Nov 02 2008, 10:31AM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:16513303
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

i do not think most people have a good concept of how the music industry works. musicians get very little profit from record sales. the only times the numbers really matter is if you are a superstar, i.e. madonna, britney spears, michael jackson, etc.

musicians make money by touring.

sir osis, i know it was your opinion, but it was definitely not that i was born in the digital era why i do what i do. i was born in '83. i have an eclectic collection of records, tapes and cds.

a lot of the time mainstream artists will put a 'single' out and there might be two or three 'hits' on an album. this shows a lack of initiative, and apathy towards fans.

you take a long hard look at independent musicians, or even some bigger names who dedicate all their work to their fans you will see that every track is not only worth listening to, but was painstakingly recorded until it was perfect - even if it takes ten years to make the album.

tool is a good example of this, as is the mars volta.
indie bands like bright eyes has shown that song writing is making a comeback, instead of popstars simply singing the work of other people....

i think there is a large gap of where we stand, but i find myself wholly justified in what i do, and if i 'break laws' then so be it.

pirating kills record comapnies, not musicians. the record companies cheat the musicians. death to the industry!

Helljumper
Sun Nov 02 2008, 03:55PM

Steam Alias: Helljumper89
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

ROB ZOMBIE!

Furious de Sade
Mon Nov 03 2008, 07:15AM

Steam Alias: 0:0:18031604
Class: Pyro
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Judas wrote ...

you take a long hard look at independent musicians, or even some bigger names who dedicate all their work to their fans you will see that every track is not only worth listening to, but was painstakingly recorded until it was perfect - even if it takes ten years to make the album.

tool is a good example of this, as is the mars volta.

I agree w/ Tool. Awesome band who takes whatever time they need to produce quality music. As far as Mars Volta is concerned, I've only seen live videos of their performances and up to this point the only thing i'm convinced they know how to do is make noise and run around acting like spazsticks. Just my opinion....

Go to page  1 [2] 3 ... 32 33 34  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0883 sec, 0.0171 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,676kB