Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Entertainment
Official ' What Are You Listening To?' Thread << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 3 ... 31 [32] 33 34
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
frostmute
Sat Nov 02 2013, 09:37AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

Ive been listening to this non-stop for the past week

Pepe
Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:53PM

Steam Alias: Wendy Peffercorn
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Sir Osis
Sun Nov 03 2013, 12:19AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

khamir-ubitch wrote ...

Sir Osis wrote ...

I've been listening to this record pretty much nonstop since I remembered it existed. Motha fuckin' Kool Keith and Tom Waits.

This is a legit-ass cut. Nice post. Thanks!

Brother, almost the entire record is flawless. It's a who's who of music.

Skyhawk
Sun Nov 17 2013, 06:16PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

I will ban you if you do not listen to this but you'll thank me. I spent the weekend baked and listening to Samantha Farrell while I stained my backyard fence. This chick's got some massive soul, I hope it rubbed off.

and this...

[ Edited Sun Nov 17 2013, 06:23PM ]
TacosdeTripa
Sun Nov 17 2013, 10:14PM

Steam Alias: Tacos de Tripa
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Oh man add that shit tobthe jukebox!

.......Oh

8bitlove2a03
Wed Dec 04 2013, 12:37PM

Steam Alias: timesickGallivanter
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Obligatory skeleton/boner/bone her joke.

Sir Osis
Thu Mar 27 2014, 07:22AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Mostly, I've been listening to Tim Barry lay down some of the best songs I think he's ever written. That said, hanging out has led to us discussion New Jersey's beautiful music scene, reminding me that the Steinways were the best. I suggest Senior Prom Jr.

http://thesteinways.bandcamp.com/album/gorilla-marketing

Skyhawk
Fri Mar 28 2014, 10:42AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

I developed a fascination with merging non-traditional instruments with rock music way back in college, especially violins and bagpipes (I studied pecussion for four years at Texas Tech). Now that I have picked up a bagpipe chanter, I have been seeking out Celtic rock bands and came across these guys, Gaelic Storm. Apparently they were the steerage band seen in the movie Titanic so they have been around awhile.

But it gets better, they replaced their already hot chick fiddle player in 2012 with even-more-smokin'-hot Kiana Weber. Most rock fiddle players tend to be attractive women so you pretty much have to give the band a chance on aesthetics alone. So my research into Kiana Weber brought me to Barrage, of which she is a featured member. This is a musically flexible group with a wicked set of skills that mixes in low levels of performance art. Mahatma is probably my favorite so far, it has some really haunting melodies, and the four violins are exceptionally talented. Give it a listen, first 50 seconds are a voice intro so don't bail out early.

PS
Latest solo vid from Kiana Weber:

[ Edited Fri Mar 28 2014, 11:13AM ]
Mama
Sat Mar 29 2014, 01:11AM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

Not only is she incredibly talented, but she's also hot. If you're down with the violin, give her a listen.

BiGTeX
Sat Mar 29 2014, 10:59AM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Shes pretty good. Dig Bond and Escala 2.

Go to page  1 2 3 ... 31 [32] 33 34  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0891 sec, 0.0201 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,733kB