Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: The Gravity Bong -- 2fort
Server Donation Link << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 [2] 3 4
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Raftman
Mon Jun 21 2010, 08:57PM

Steam Alias: trademarkhero
Class: Medic
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Not only that, but it's an extra 5 for a redirect server which allows for fast download. Honestly I'd do one again if we had the demand for it, but we don't. I tried my hardest to get it even half-full, and even then it was a struggle. The problem is, even when someone feels like doing rotation, no one else does, and no one ever responds to invites. Arena was nice because you didn't need a full load, but wasn't overly popular. Honestly unless we had a group of people to get behind a rotation server, I don't see it succeeding at all.

Sir Osis
Mon Jun 21 2010, 10:10PM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Well, there is the bot option now...

AntiHick
Mon Jun 21 2010, 11:56PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

That would restrict the server to KotH maps only though.

Edit: Granted, bots could be used just to get it going, like I do with the 2fort server sometimes.

[ Edited Mon Jun 21 2010, 11:56PM ]
dongil kim
Tue Jun 22 2010, 08:29AM

Steam Alias: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dongilkim
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I love gravity bong.
But many Koreans does not have international credit cards, also me
how can I donate?
ps. But I spent money

Noonan
Tue Jun 22 2010, 08:58AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Noonan
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

dongil kim wrote ...

I love gravity bong.
how can I donate?
ps. But I spent money

I've used Paypal for international money transfers, but only from America to Canada. See if you can link a Korean bank account to a paypal account.

dongil kim
Tue Jun 22 2010, 09:56AM

Steam Alias: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dongilkim
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Noonan wrote ...

dongil kim wrote ...

I love gravity bong.
how can I donate?
ps. But I spent money

I've used Paypal for international money transfers, but only from America to Canada. See if you can link a Korean bank account to a paypal account.

thanks, just I searched the paypal on website, it's hard for me to use that. so I'd better use paypal grown up.....

Dickbut
Tue Jun 22 2010, 10:09AM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 117 times in 47 posts

Valid point, Raftman. It was hard to get people to stop clinging to 2FortTurtleFort for a few minutes to play on the rotation server.

That doesn't mean I don't miss the rotation server, though. Turbine is a favorite of mine.

Regardless, I'll donate something to the server. The Gravy Dong is one of the better servers out there. Recently I tried a few other servers.. I was kicked/banned from one because I was NOT in spectator, and I was kicked from another server for some equally anal reason.

I'm going to bed now.

Hello.

DrakeMegrim
Tue Jun 22 2010, 02:03PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

Probably from for "hacking" considering how well you play.

Horatio Caine
Tue Jun 22 2010, 09:20PM

Steam Alias: Bologna
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

When you think about it, $38 a month (counting the redirect) isn't a whole lot. I would have no problem donating that every month (barring any horrible catastrophes that drain my bank account), as long as people would actually use it.

Solomon
Tue Jun 22 2010, 10:06PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:1:19343296
Class: Spy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

See that's the problem H. We've done the rotation server before, and people just never played it. There are a few who always want one, but the majority seem to only want 2Fort. Think of the number of people who complain when we did the 2Fort variants. Its just an issue of not having the ability to keep it populated making the investment kinda a waste.

Go to page  1 [2] 3 4  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1289 sec, 0.0297 of that for queries. DB queries: 73. Memory Usage: 2,683kB