Forums

Go to page  [1] 2 3
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
GravyTrain
Sun Jul 15 2012, 02:16AM

Steam Alias: GrλvyTrλin
Class: Soldier
Liked 194 times in 87 posts

A hunble request to the fine admins to consider experimenting with disabling random crits from time to time when the servers are full and a good game is in progress.

I'm a scrub yet there are lots of nearly competition level players on the BONG and it is great try and compete. Occasionally the random crits can sap the fun out of the game and not only in terms of dying from them but really good fights ending early because of a lucky crit and you walk away wondering if you'd have won otherwise.

I know many enjoy random crits and with the recent increase in activity on the server there may be hesitation to mess with what is working so again this is only asking to think about it as a future possibility.

EDIT: Sorry this probably should have been in the Ideas & Suggestions forum. I live a life of regret.

[ Edited Sun Jul 15 2012, 02:26AM ]
Dickbut
Sun Jul 15 2012, 05:55AM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 116 times in 46 posts

An overwhelming number of bads would complain if this happened.

Vali
Sun Jul 15 2012, 07:37AM

Steam Alias: Vali
Class: Medic
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

Then Hick couldn't pretend to not be crit hacking when he gets thirty crits in a row on me.

Seriously though, I kind of feel like random crits are a necessity to keep melee weapons viable.

Oh and I moved this so you wouldn't have to live a life of regret.

AntiHick
Sun Jul 15 2012, 08:10AM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Crits are the only thing that makes it possible to carry a fail team against otherwise unsurmountable odds

khamir-ubitch
Sun Jul 15 2012, 10:05AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 252 times in 114 posts

Crits force people to be on their toes. They teach you to respect a situation/adversary and not just blindly go into something because of the sheer math of the damage output involved.

My vote to turn crits off:

[ Edited Sun Jul 15 2012, 10:06AM ]
DrakeMegrim
Sun Jul 15 2012, 10:46AM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

I think it would be fun to do things like this for an hour or so if teams are even. We should try using some of the suggestions of late in a happy hour event. This might also help people join our group and increase popularity.

I remember engie heavie nights being amazing as well as the occasional prophunt.

Kitt
Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:14AM

Steam Alias: Kitt
Class: Pyro
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

HI-JACK THREAD, VOTE MORE PROPHUNT!

Yahoozy
Sun Jul 15 2012, 12:40PM

Steam Alias: POLICEFIGHTER
Class: Sniper
Liked 19 times in 7 posts

The random element is a necessity on 2Fort, and doubly necessary on a public server. The competitive spirit is always healthy, but fully competitive play would never make sense here. khamir's post also eloquently describes another point I'd make (which is strange because he's a brown person).

Raftman
Sun Jul 15 2012, 01:05PM

Steam Alias: trademarkhero
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

Crits are the only thing that makes it possible to carry a fail team against otherwise unsurmountable odds

Skyhawk
Sun Jul 15 2012, 02:47PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Go to page  [1] 2 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0880 sec, 0.0182 of that for queries. DB queries: 74. Memory Usage: 2,683kB