Forums

Go to page  1 [2] 3
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
holyass
Sun Jul 15 2012, 04:26PM

Steam Alias: HolyASS3490
Class: Medic
Liked 32 times in 16 posts

I agree with random crits staying on. Im down for a happyhour situation though! that would be interesting.

malonda82
Mon Jul 16 2012, 01:44AM

Steam Alias: Natascha
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

holyass wrote ...

I agree with random crits staying on. Im down for a happyhour situation though! that would be interesting.

BlackOut
Mon Jul 16 2012, 04:17AM

Steam Alias: BlackOut
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

im for keeping crits.

also a vanilla tf2 night would be amazing

serenissima
Mon Jul 16 2012, 07:51AM

Steam Alias: Epik Kobold
Class: Engineer
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

Am I the only person who, like Gravytrain, would like to see the rando crit go away? I know I am severely out numbered here, but I would love to see them go. I feel that it would have little effect on the server as of now (lots of medics take kritskrieg).I absolutely detest having my killing spree ended by some lucky SOB who barely joins the game died 5 times and walks out of spawn shoots one rocket which just happens to be a crit and kills me. They happen way to often. It is has very little to do with being random and more some lame attempt of trying to balance the game. I think it will have very little effect on the actual game play and you would probably draw in some older players who, like me, hates the rando crit just as much as the fail autobalance.
Do I expect the rando crit to stay on? Yes. Because others like their game of chance. I just like to have my hard earned kills be rewarded by not having to die by crits every time I start to do well. I do think it would be worth trying though. Hell I still play on the bong even with the rando crits because no other server comes close to it. Just my two bits.

[ Edited Mon Jul 16 2012, 07:52AM ]
opioid
Mon Jul 16 2012, 08:50AM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:1:18215233
Class: Medic
Liked 10 times in 7 posts

I vote trying it out on a full server for a bit, just to see what the reactions would be.

Dejil
Tue Jul 17 2012, 01:59PM

Steam Alias: Dejil
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Crits are a natural part of TF2, and, personally, I would hate to see it go away. Crits give players who are not incredible at TF2 a chance to be slightly better when playing on a server with great TF2 players such as yourselves. I get the point however, about how it can be annoying to have your killing spree ended by a random crocket from around a random corner. Also, like Opioid says, maybe try it out a bit, see how the regulars and the pubbies feel about the idea. Maybe trying it out on a Friday Fragfest, if those are still around.

Aelus
Tue Jul 17 2012, 02:05PM

Steam Alias: Aelus
Class: Sniper
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Although removing random crits will inherently cater to the competitive players on an already rather competitive server, I think it'll be interesting to see how removing them will affect gameplay. Personally I am in favor of completely removing them, because the only purpose I see them serving is to give casuals an edge.

Every now and then, a crit rocket will find its way to the battlements when I happen to jump out. Furthermore, when Gravy or some other battlements-raper finds their way to me, I would like a fair fight that doesn't base itself on the fulcrum of chance.

[ Edited Tue Jul 17 2012, 02:07PM ]
AntiHick
Tue Jul 17 2012, 02:09PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Aren't there a bunch of weapons out now that are only "balanced" by their lack of random crits...?

Wouldn't they become, by definition, op and broken by removing random crits from everyone?

Edit: Furthermore, why would we want to cater to the top 5% of the server regs who take the game seriously enough as it is? More often than not the server is filled by pubs, not regulars. Yes, it always takes a few regulars to get things going but the random masses are what fills a server and keeps it full. There's already enough overly competitive team stacking and pub rolling, I'm not really that inclined to feel bad for someone who's 40 person kill streak has been ended by the one sad, determined pubbie who finally manages to make it out of their spawn door and pull off a crit.

I'm more than happy to go along with no crit happy hours or whatever, but anything more than that...no. Just no.

[ Edited Tue Jul 17 2012, 02:24PM ]
Dejil
Tue Jul 17 2012, 02:38PM

Steam Alias: Dejil
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Maybe it would be a good idea (if this "no crit happy hour" becomes a thing), to annouce when here on forums in advance, so as many regulars as possible get the chance to see what it's like.

Kitt
Tue Jul 17 2012, 02:53PM

Steam Alias: Kitt
Class: Pyro
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I think given that not everyone can get on within that same hour, maybe make it a whole day once a week or even once a month, just to see if it changes the game any. I don't really see it changing much other than pubbies getting mad a lot quicker and rage quitting harder but if it'd make certain people happier then I don't see why not. I doubt pubbies would even notice the lack of crits to be honest.

That said, I really like balancing my terrible soldier abilities by murdering 4 of you at once with one crocket <3

Go to page  1 [2] 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0862 sec, 0.0165 of that for queries. DB queries: 73. Memory Usage: 2,686kB