Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
GUNS THREAD << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 [3] 4 ... 11 12 13
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Dickbut
Thu Sep 27 2012, 08:29PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 117 times in 47 posts

Hoblaster just wishes he could buy guns, but he's too much of a bitch to ask his wife for an allowance to do so. ;_; She won't even let him have airsoft.

Skyhawk
Thu Sep 27 2012, 10:10PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Do what I do, buy a small gift card from your sporting goods store of choice every month and then when you have enough to buy your gun, tell her you killed a homeless guy and took it from him.

Skyhawk
Thu Sep 27 2012, 10:54PM

frostmute wrote ...

I'm not trying to be an asshole... but iv'e never understood why people want guns.

If anyone thought I was kidding about this shit, I wasn't. Not necessarily the zombie crap, but ladies and gents, we are headed for some apocalyptic shit on the horizon.

The Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in the US this week and announced he does not give a rat's ass what anyone says about his country developing nuclear weapons. Then you have North Korea and their nuclear ambitions. Given that countries East of Austria are bat-shit crazy, one of them will finally kidnap a scientist from a civilized country and eventually build their little cache of home-made missiles and launch them just to prove they can.

And, I would do the same if I were them. Who the fuck wants the US, England, Israel, or anyone else telling them they can't have missiles when the rest of us do? We know why they can't have them, THEY just don't get it.

Then you have the whole mess Sam Becile created with the Muhammad internet movie fiasco. The US government had nothing to do with that and we get an embassy attacked and US citizens killed. All in retaliation by a bunch of lizzard-eating rock-throwers who don't even HAVE internet. Those primitive screwheads were just looking for an excuse to attack us and wont stop there as more movies are on the way. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333674

Then look at the US internally. People are at the stupidest point I can ever remember. I have way too many acquaintances that blindly follow the political heard. I subscribe to propaganda from both sides just to witness the spectacle. Many people I come in contact with every day will declare one of the two major candidates our savior and have no idea what their platforms are. But they will damn sure defend that candidate to the death in support of an ideal that doesn't actually exist.

The US is spineless, we don't take care of foreign business when we get fucked, we hand out money to countries that attack us. We don't support our own here at home, people starve, corporate greed thrives, political leaders are corrupt, and people don't give a shit because we are all the stars of our own movies.

I hope to hell I am wrong, but I feel this country will explode from external forces or implode in a mindless revolution from within. Protect yourself, buy guns, learn to shoot them, you may need it to survive at some point.

[ Edited Thu Sep 27 2012, 11:00PM ]
AntiHick
Thu Sep 27 2012, 11:11PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

I see it happening but frankly I'm not interested in living in a post apoc world without internet or regularly available food. Survival at that point wouldn't really be priority for me.

I choose to continue pretending I may have a semi normal life, instead of stressing over things that are beyond my control. When shit goes to hell, if I'm still alive, I fully expect to die and I'm comfortable with that.

Also obama is jesus and he will save us all.

Chopper
Fri Sep 28 2012, 12:02AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Chopper Dave
Class: Pyro
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

It may be a naive standpoint, or it may be the alcohol talking, but I feel that at any point in American history anyone could say that the country was going to hell in a hand-basket.

My point is that at any given time things look bad, and its easy to predict things will explode in the near future (and historically speaking it has happened every now and then), but we always get through it. Life goes on. I'm not too worried.

Mama
Fri Sep 28 2012, 01:16AM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

I'm not trying to be an asshole... but iv'e never understood why people want guns.

If anyone thought I was kidding about this shit, I wasn't. Not necessarily the zombie crap, but ladies and gents, we are headed for some apocalyptic shit on the horizon.

The Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in the US this week and announced he does not give a rat's ass what anyone says about his country developing nuclear weapons. Then you have North Korea and their nuclear ambitions. Given that countries East of Austria are bat-shit crazy, one of them will finally kidnap a scientist from a civilized country and eventually build their little cache of home-made missiles and launch them just to prove they can.

And, I would do the same if I were them. Who the fuck wants the US, England, Israel, or anyone else telling them they can't have missiles when the rest of us do? We know why they can't have them, THEY just don't get it.

Then you have the whole mess Sam Becile created with the Muhammad internet movie fiasco. The US government had nothing to do with that and we get an embassy attacked and US citizens killed. All in retaliation by a bunch of lizzard-eating rock-throwers who don't even HAVE internet. Those primitive screwheads were just looking for an excuse to attack us and wont stop there as more movies are on the way. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333674

Then look at the US internally. People are at the stupidest point I can ever remember. I have way too many acquaintances that blindly follow the political heard. I subscribe to propaganda from both sides just to witness the spectacle. Many people I come in contact with every day will declare one of the two major candidates our savior and have no idea what their platforms are. But they will damn sure defend that candidate to the death in support of an ideal that doesn't actually exist.

The US is spineless, we don't take care of foreign business when we get fucked, we hand out money to countries that attack us. We don't support our own here at home, people starve, corporate greed thrives, political leaders are corrupt, and people don't give a shit because we are all the stars of our own movies.

I hope to hell I am wrong, but I feel this country will explode from external forces or implode in a mindless revolution from within. Protect yourself, buy guns, learn to shoot them, you may need it to survive at some point.

This, and the fact that my super-felon ex-"husband" is released from prison next month are among the many reasons why I choose to own and legally carry guns. I don't do drugs, I don't drink (much), and I'm reasonably law-abiding. I have applied for a concealed handgun permit, and have every reason to expect to receive it.

In addition to my "carry" gun which is a Jericho 941, I also have a Springfield Armory XD40, Walther P99 .22 cal, Remington 870 12 ga. shotgun, and a Winchester .308 bolt-action rifle. My husband has the same calibers of handguns, a tactical shotgun, and 30-06 rifle, a .22 rifle, and the Beretta Carbine Cx4 Storm that uses the same magazines as his 9mm handgun.

People have asked me why I choose to carry a gun on my person. My answer is usually akin to "because I can't fit a cop in my pocket." We tend to not live in the best neighborhoods, and Colorado has some fairly reasonable defensive laws.

By the way, I don't hunt, I do target practice with all of my firearms (except the shotgun, because I'm looking to offload that one for one with a shorter barrel). We also take part in marksmanship competitions. For target practice, you don't have to be a member of an exclusive club, there are often outdoor locations to which you can go. Here we have the Pawnee National Grasslands, which allows shooting in designated areas, as well as many places in the mountains...except in the National Forests... they're a little stricter in those.

sudo kill -9
Fri Sep 28 2012, 07:02AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] sudo kill -9
Class: Sniper
Liked 13 times in 4 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

Today's worldly problems are nothing.. NOTHING.. in comparison to the cold war, Cuban missile crisis, etc the problems of the past. Television and films have warped our sense of reality.

North Korea can barely launch a rocket off the ground, and they can't feed their people. I doubt they could hit South Korea with a rock if they were near the border. Iran is speck in the middle of a desert, with their only ally dying.

Despite what you hear on the 10 o'clock news, terrorism is starting to dwindle, world economies are strengthening.

It's apocalyptic views like this that make us look like crazy Glenn Beck's to the rest of the world.

Everything will be okay.

Skyhawk
Fri Sep 28 2012, 07:59AM

Chopper wrote ...

It may be a naive standpoint, or it may be the alcohol talking, but I feel that at any point in American history anyone could say that the country was going to hell in a hand-basket.

My point is that at any given time things look bad, and its easy to predict things will explode in the near future (and historically speaking it has happened every now and then), but we always get through it. Life goes on. I'm not too worried.

I just think we have a greater technical/industrial ability to destroy ourselves now. I haven't preached or publicized my apocalyptic views anywhere but here because I look at those people on "Doomsday Preppers" and think "those assholes are crazy". I am not stockpiling my house with supplies or preparing a compound in the woods with a bunch of homophobic neo-nazis either.

My interest in weapons is purely to defend the border of my little 2/3 of an acre in Plano, TX when some extremist finally figures out how to set off an EMP and knock out the power and the looting starts.

[ Edited Fri Sep 28 2012, 08:17AM ]
khamir-ubitch
Fri Sep 28 2012, 08:05AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

I see it happening but frankly I'm not interested in living in a post apoc world without internet or regularly available food. Survival at that point wouldn't really be priority for me.

I choose to continue pretending I may have a semi normal life, instead of stressing over things that are beyond my control. When shit goes to hell, if I'm still alive, I fully expect to die and I'm comfortable with that.

Also obama is jesus and he will save us all.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you Hick. As a lazy ass person, you just saved me a lot of time!! I love you!

-K

DrakeMegrim
Fri Sep 28 2012, 10:23AM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

Chopper wrote ...

You'll be eating your words soon. December 21, 2012 will be the end.

PS. Also my birthday!

Go to page  1 2 [3] 4 ... 11 12 13  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0964 sec, 0.0166 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,723kB