Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
GUNS THREAD << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 3 ... 9 [10] 11 12 13
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Skyhawk
Wed Aug 28 2013, 10:02PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Kung Fu grip, comes naturally

Skyhawk
Fri Oct 18 2013, 10:41AM

Res Evil custom AR15 lower, I want this

khamir-ubitch
Fri Oct 18 2013, 10:56AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

Res Evil custom AR15 lower, I want this

Wow, that looks nice. Id love to see one of these in my hands.

[ Edited Fri Oct 18 2013, 11:03AM ]
Skyhawk
Fri Oct 18 2013, 03:47PM

Those are just sweet. I have been reading up on building myself a second AR, ordering the upper and lower separately and going with Windham, Spikes, or some other higher end brand. After adding in all the customizations, it really isn't very economical. I'm not interested in putting in a really high-end trigger group or gold plated bolt carrier because I'm just a casual shooter. When it comes down to it, you are just propelling a bullet down a barrel so I don't see the point in a $2000 AR-15.

I may see if I can order a fun customized lower and just swap it out on my Smith and Wesson. There are tons of kick-ass etchings out there, the one with the Punisher logo is pretty cool too.

Prices are really low on complete weapons and you can still buy a Colt, DPMS, or S&W for around $800.

[ Edited Fri Oct 18 2013, 03:48PM ]
Skyhawk
Mon Dec 16 2013, 10:49PM

I just near-completed a custom build on a new AR-15. I ordered the lower receiver from Mag Tactical, they are making them from a new magnesium alloy and are significantly lighter than aluminum. I installed a Magpul trigger kit, grip, and stock. Barrel and upper are made by Palmetto State Armory, 1:7 twist, chrome-lined, with a Midwest Industries Gen2 SS-Series one piece free float forward handguard. PSA bolt carrier group.

Grip, stock, and lower are all flat dark earth color and I painted the forward guard with Aluma Hyde II (coyote, close match). Still trying to figure out what optics to install. I really never saw the point of a civilian with a red dot sight since we won't be clearing a lot of rooms but wouldn't be bad for zombies up close. Will most likely go with a 4x12 Nikon scope and Magpul iron sights. Will post more pics when complete.

[ Edited Tue Dec 17 2013, 08:26AM ]
BlackOut
Tue Dec 17 2013, 04:48AM

Steam Alias: BlackOut
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

very nice.

also clearing rooms with a barrel that long? har har. I jest, its pretty bad ass, with my new job hopefully i can start getting more guns.

[ Edited Tue Dec 17 2013, 04:50AM ]
Skyhawk
Tue Dec 17 2013, 06:45AM

This was my first home built AR and YouTube showed me how to install the trigger kit. The total cost so far is $670 but the parts are better than those on my store bought Smith and Wesson, ie chrome bore vs aluminum, trigger, furniture.

Building also fits a budget as you don't have to drop a lot of cash at once. Lowers average $50, same for triggers, stocks and grips, and bolt carriers. The upper and barrel I ordered pre built as I didn't want to dink with adjusting the gas block and tube. That was about half the cost of the gun.

Dickbut
Tue Dec 17 2013, 12:57PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 117 times in 47 posts

Just a reminder that none of us will ever own a VSS Vintorez. ;_;

Skyhawk
Tue Dec 17 2013, 01:04PM

Thanks Obama...

BlackOut
Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:46PM

Steam Alias: BlackOut
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

building it your self does seem like the way to go for that kind of money

my next purchase is going to be a revolver, im thinking .38 special, light weight material and single/double action with a semi concealed hammer. after that i want to get another remington 870 but this time get the tactical with the magazine extension, ghost ring sights and ported choke.

Go to page  1 2 3 ... 9 [10] 11 12 13  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0975 sec, 0.0221 of that for queries. DB queries: 68. Memory Usage: 2,655kB