Forums

Go to page  1 [2] 3
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
frostmute
Thu Dec 20 2012, 02:42PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

I've had problems with re-enabling voice mid-match so I just use the lil voice receive volume slider...

I'll receive your slider...

Korben Dallas
Thu Dec 20 2012, 02:47PM

Steam Alias: Korben Dallas
Class: Soldier
Liked 40 times in 13 posts

DUH!

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99324
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=648899
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=772518

K0das
Thu Dec 20 2012, 03:35PM

Steam Alias: Kodas
Class: Pyro
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Thing is, I find when alltalk isn't on it just encourages all the longer serving members to join the same team to talk, which inevitably leads to steamrolling in the first place.

DeKeeg
Thu Dec 20 2012, 03:57PM

Steam Alias: DeKeeg
Liked 12 times in 7 posts

How bout we cough up some money and get a mumble or a team speak server? They're pretty cheap. That way for the majority of time alltalk can stay off and all the pals can use the voice service. Although, Korbens idea is good and it's free. Eh, just a thought...

Mumble
https://cp.light-speed.com/order-mumble-server-hosting.php

TeamSpeak
http://www.teamspeak.us/order/ts_server/id_type:1

EDIT: Oh, and then the cool guys that aren't even playing can talk or listen in too!

[ Edited Thu Dec 20 2012, 03:58PM ]
malonda82
Thu Dec 20 2012, 04:44PM

Steam Alias: Natascha
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I always ask before turning on alltalk (unless I have a good reason), and I am very prompt to get rid of nuisance guests. As far as it interfering with gameplay, there are times when we just want to have fun..so it's kind of something that you will occasionally have to deal with, or if need be, involve an admin. I am almost always fine with toggling alltalk at the request of a player. Please feel free to friend any and all admins and if you need one of us, there is almost always someone online to help you.
There is also this number you should call if you need help.. 508-556-3549.

DrakeMegrim
Thu Dec 20 2012, 04:44PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

Mumble is far better but getting people to on and having it work are a pain. Idk. I feel it kind of ruins the experience on BONG though since we usually mess with randoms.

frostmute
Thu Dec 20 2012, 05:53PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

TeamSpeak 3 FTW

Zelax
Thu Dec 20 2012, 07:22PM

Steam Alias: tazno
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

I just hate how alltalk always devolves into a scenario where one team with most of the regulars is rolling over the team that doesn't have as many, while talking so frequently/loudly that even if strategizing via voice chat was possible during all talk, they wouldn't be able to.

And what's incredibly frustrating is, this scenario is pretty much impossible to rectify with votes. Of course the entire winning team that's dominating voice chat is gonna vote yes so they can keep rolling and laughing about it--so that's 50% of the vote. So if one single person on the team getting raped misvotes or just wants it left on, the rest of the team just has to suffer with it. And then if an admin like myself makes a judgement call and turns it off anyway, we get to be the bad guy.

I usually end up just turning down voice chat volume and cranking up music when this shit's going on, but I wish I didn't have to. If the gravity bong had been an alltalk server when I first joined, I probably would have moved along to a different server.

I like it when we're all just having silly fun sometimes but I also like being able to play the game.

This was a huge problem for me when I use to play , had five or six friends all on one side just steam rolling our team ( I pick random teams most of the time so I get stuck on the losing side more often the not ) and we didn't have a single person talking and it was just painful to play .

Mama
Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:33PM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

frostmute wrote ...

TeamSpeak 3 FTW

<<< Has a TeamSpeak server...

holyass
Thu Dec 20 2012, 10:43PM

Steam Alias: HolyASS3490
Liked 32 times in 16 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

I like it when we're all just having silly fun sometimes but I also like being able to play the game.

If the gravity bong had been an alltalk server when I first joined, I probably would have moved along to a different server.

These two statements sum up what i have to say about alltalk

Havent used mumble or teamspeak, but theyre great programs. If we can implement one of korbens mods he found, I'm all for it. If the mods dont work, then I think we're just *insert airquotes here* "fixing" a problem only to create another with people connecting to the mumble/ts server.

Go to page  1 [2] 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0890 sec, 0.0177 of that for queries. DB queries: 73. Memory Usage: 2,685kB