Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: Ideas & Suggestions
[poll] Red Tape Recorder << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
DrakeMegrim
Wed Jan 09 2013, 02:10PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

[BONG wrote ...
BigJoeZD]
khamir-ubitch wrote ...

...RTR should have a longer "break down" period. Like 2 seconds after attachment to downgrade to level 2 and another 2 seconds to level 1 and whatever until it is completely gone.

Then what is the point of it? If it takes 2 full seconds to downgrade by one level, any sentry camping engineer would of dealt with it, and you, before it can do anything. Even if you run around repeatedly places sappers hoping the engie will run out of metal chances are he's just going to turn around and kill you anyway, and a slightly decent team would of shown up to do something.

If you're going to "tweak" the Red-Tape Recorder, then you better start tweaking all the other bullshit items other classes have.

Have you actually played "defensive engie" while dealing with the RTR?

ProfessorJerk
Wed Jan 09 2013, 02:47PM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

banning/ modifying one item leading to cries to ban/ modify other items which will lead to cries for ban/ modify other items which will... and so on.

[BONG wrote ...
BigJoeZD]
If you're going to "tweak" the Red-Tape Recorder, then you better start tweaking all the other bullshit items other classes have.

And there it is folks.

[BONG] BigJoeZD
Wed Jan 09 2013, 03:48PM

Steam Alias: joey99964
Class: Heavy
Liked 2 times in 2 posts

DrakeMegrim wrote ...

[BONG wrote ...
BigJoeZD]
khamir-ubitch wrote ...

...RTR should have a longer "break down" period. Like 2 seconds after attachment to downgrade to level 2 and another 2 seconds to level 1 and whatever until it is completely gone.

Then what is the point of it? If it takes 2 full seconds to downgrade by one level, any sentry camping engineer would of dealt with it, and you, before it can do anything. Even if you run around repeatedly places sappers hoping the engie will run out of metal chances are he's just going to turn around and kill you anyway, and a slightly decent team would of shown up to do something.

Have you actually played "defensive engie" while dealing with the RTR?

Yes, but am i really the only one that thinks the RTR is the only severely broken item in TF2?

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

banning/ modifying one item leading to cries to ban/ modify other items which will lead to cries for ban/ modify other items which will... and so on.

[BONG wrote ...
BigJoeZD]

And there it is folks.

So what? I stand by what i said. If you want to fix the RTR then fix other crap too.

AntiHick
Wed Jan 09 2013, 04:50PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

God damn it joe.

God fucking damn it.

8bitlove2a03
Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:07PM

Steam Alias: timesickGallivanter
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

[BONG wrote ...
BigJoeZD]

And there it is folks.

Let's do a hypothetical scenario here. Let's say that instead of the RTR, Valve had made an engie weapon with no actual downside that let every turtle-mode engie keep his buildings up with no additional effort. Every engie who plays defense is now using it, it's considered as cheap and stupid as the RTR currently is, and it causes every round to take several hours due to the sheer amount of effort required for anyone to actually get past the damn sentries. Instead of making defense engie maddeningly unfun as we see today, 2fort is effectively broken in this scenario due to one weapon that clearly wasn't designed for the only map that the server runs.

Would anyone still be in favour of not anything to change this, simply because doing so might cause people to make a fuss over other items?

AntiHick
Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:13PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

That seems like a flawed nonsense argument to me, but whether or not it actually is is rendered entirely moot by the current popular vote.

AntiHick
Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:15PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Also, I would absolutely love it if people would STOP talking about altering very specific ways that weapons behave as if that's an option.

To someone who knows more about these things than I it may be, but this isn't a matter of just opening up some config file and changing a couple of settings.

Dickbut
Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:23PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 116 times in 46 posts

Hick, isn't there a sourcemod plugin that simply allows certain weapons to be made to function like their stock counterparts?

AntiHick
Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:25PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Yeah, in this instance though (unless other changes were deemed necessary) I would probably just use a much simpler plugin that exists that does nothing but block the selection of rtr.

As much crap as we already have going on with the server I'd just prefer that over the other alternatives which require added extension sets and so forth.

Edit: All of this nonsense that people keep bringing up about changing the times...how long for each sentry level degraded etc...wouldn't have a clue how to do that. I've already said I'm not sure that's an option when this was brought up in admin forums before...and yet here we are again...

[ Edited Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:27PM ]
muffen1
Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:40PM

Steam Alias: Pogoslayer
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

While I personally do not think it should change consider this; make the sentry's build faster like the dispensers. Maybe 2-3 hits for the next level and it would cost the standard metal cost unlike the dispenser mod. Problem about this I know will be complaints about how fast so and so built a level 3 in the enemy base (it would make a rtr spy almost necessary) but this is all I got on the topic. Maybe somebody can build on this idea for something that would work.

Go to page  1 2 3 [4] 5 6  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1290 sec, 0.0201 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,818kB