Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: Ideas & Suggestions
Name change limitation << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
frostmute
Thu Apr 04 2013, 11:57AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

Helix wrote ...

While not really publicized, any member can submit news for admin approval at:

http://gravitybong.net/submitnews.php

That way the post at least credits the author and we don't have to port an email into a news post.

Also, we can automatically embed TF2 RSS feeds into the news as another filler so that anytime a post is made on TeamFortress.com, it's also made here.

YES! DOUBLE YES!

<3

AntiHick
Thu Apr 04 2013, 12:01PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

I support this idea as well.

Mackerel
Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:07PM

Steam Alias: What, you wanna be my gf or something?
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

khamir-ubitch wrote ...

Hick is all over that shit.

Thank you sir.

Can we mention it in the news section? I think any time we do anything "server wide" it would be a good idea to put it in the news section for 2 reasons:

1. Inform everyone.
2. Keep the front page looking new.

The forum design is so bland it wouldn't matter to make it look "new" or not.
Seriously, BONG's visual appeal makes Fallout games look good.

[ Edited Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:08PM ]
AntiHick
Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:11PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

I'm sorry that we don't live up to your expectations, could you please show us the forums for your wildly popular tf2 server to give us an idea of how we should be doing things?

Edit: So yeah, all unnecessary snarkiness aside, could you please try to deliver a single message in a manner that doesn't make me wanna go all bruce banner and destroy you? If there's useful critique hidden in that post it might be nice to not force people to dig through a pile of shit to find it.

[ Edited Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:20PM ]
Skyhawk
Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:19PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

One of our long-lost admins changed the look of the site about 3 years ago, wasn't a popular move so it reverted back to what we have. This one is comfortable and easy to navigate. Also, re-skinning it would be up to Helix.

AntiHick
Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:22PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Wasn't a long lost admin, it was Helix. The new site was nice but ultimately not as practical/eye friendly as this was.

Skyhawk
Thu Apr 04 2013, 03:11PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Oh, I thought it was Silent's project.

Helix
Thu Apr 04 2013, 03:23PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

I'm all ears for any suggestions on the site/forum look and feel. I don't think our site is really outdated or hideous but am always open to new feedback.

This time around if we were going to re-skin it I think a mock-up visual would need to be approved by 95% of the community before all the work was completed. Here is the past theme we had for a short time.

DeKeeg
Thu Apr 04 2013, 03:40PM

Steam Alias: DeKeeg
Liked 12 times in 7 posts

For my 2ยข...

As far as the look and layout of these forums, compared to other gaming ones, this site is definitely the easiest to navigate and well put together. From the shoutbox to the "latest threads" and the "latest replies", imo, doesn't get any better than it is already. The only thing I'd do, if I had skills, is maybe add an option to a few different color schemes.

For TF2 world news and keeping the front page fresh, like Helix stated, embed the RSS feed from TF2 blog.

Thanks

sudo kill -9
Thu Apr 04 2013, 04:38PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] sudo kill -9
Class: Sniper
Liked 13 times in 4 posts

I love the way our site looks..

Go to page  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0892 sec, 0.0199 of that for queries. DB queries: 71. Memory Usage: 2,675kB