Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
Official Community Recipes Thread << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
DeKeeg
Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:08AM

Steam Alias: DeKeeg
Class: Soldier
Liked 12 times in 7 posts

8bitlove2a03 wrote ...

Those enchiladas sound delicious. About how many does it make?

Depends on how fat you make them, but I usually get 12-16. They are soo good. You won't be sorry and will be surprised how easy it is.

[ Edited Mon Apr 08 2013, 02:27PM ]
khamir-ubitch
Mon Apr 08 2013, 10:18AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Class: Medic
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

It's all about BBQ:

1. Buy meat.
2. Marinade it.
3. Burn it.
4. Eat it.

[ Edited Mon Apr 08 2013, 10:18AM ]
holyass
Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:00AM

Steam Alias: HolyASS3490
Liked 32 times in 16 posts

Hi

Im five years old.

This was my dinner the other night.

Yes, Yahoozy, this is that delicious dinner from the other day when were gonna play MVM.

Yahoozy
Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:04AM

Steam Alias: POLICEFIGHTER
Class: Sniper
Liked 19 times in 7 posts

That's the most sterile mound of food I've ever seen.

Skyhawk
Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:35AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans

I don't really bake either but have been on a quest for the ultimate pinto bean recipe for years and am about 95% of the way there. I was in a Bone Daddy's (boobs and BBQ) a couple years ago and they had the best restaurant beans ever. Being an ex-restaurant guy, I have a knack for copying recipes by taste so this is what I built. You'll need a large crockpot for this amount.

2 pounds dried pinto beans
1 pound package spicy breakfast sausage, browned in a skillet
1 meaty hambone (I use a bone from a spiral ham and leave as much meat as possible)
1 pound link sausage, cooked, sliced
1 can tomato paste
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can green chilis or roast your own Anaheim peppers
1/4 cup diced jalapenos
1 chopped onion
2 TBSP minced garlic
1+ TBSP black pepper
1+ TBSP cayenne pepper
1+ TBSP crushed red pepper
1 bottle BBQ sauce (I like Kraft honey, sweet balances the pepper)

Wash beans, soak in water over night so they expand. Makes them more tender and keeps your crock from overflowing later.

Beans in crockpot, low heat, add in tomato paste, ham bone (cut up large chunks), all sausage, garlic, onion, and jalapenos, add water to cover beans.

Cook beans until tender, 8+ hours or so. Pull out ham bone and scrape any extra meat off. Add in the tomoatoes, chilis, and bottle of BBQ sauce.

The massive amount of meat makes every bowl a complete meal. What I got from Bone Daddy's was the BBQ sauce idea. I make the beans spicy and then use a really sweet sauce to balance it out.

[ Edited Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:35AM ]
malonda82
Mon Apr 08 2013, 07:00PM

Steam Alias: Natascha
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Just got a new steamer, and since I am all for healthy eating.. cut up into chunks:

Steak or Chicken(or preferred meat)
About half a cup of each (adjust to size of steamer)
Broccoli
Carrots
Celery
Cauliflower
Potatoes
onions
assorted peppers

whatever else you prefer

place 1 cup of rice and 2 cups water in bottom of steamer, place veggie tray in steamer. Place veggies in veggie tray.

Steam for 20 mins.

Remove veggies from steamer...check rice for preferred tenderness (you may want to let the rice continue cooking, esp if its brown or long grain rice)

With or without rice (good both ways) :

In saucepan, add extra virgin olive oil, a few dashes of freshly ground Garlic & Sea Salt (they have disposable grinder bottles of them), freshly ground pepper, several dashes of basil, oregano, and any other spices you prefer.

You don't have to grind the spices, but its does taste better, because when you grind them it releases the stored flavor. If you have access to fresb basil/oregano and whatever else you use, do it.. MUCH better flavor.

Heat on medium

--once pan is hot to touch---

put any (or all) above items (especially potatoes) into pan, saute for about 7 mins.

Place onto plate.

Eat.

A sweet trick.. you can go to the store and buy fresh organic breaded fish, almost every good fish market does..and throw that into the deep fryer with canola oil or into a toaster over or conventional oven.

Even better, when you go to reheat it, just recook it the same way. It's almost better.

Skyhawk
Tue May 07 2013, 06:42PM

I had forgotten about this recipe when this thread was started but as I grill more, I remembered how much I dig mango chutney on meat. I started making this a couple years ago by combining the best of a few internet recipes and have tweaked it to my taste, spicy and sweet. I like it best on sausage or pork chops / loin.

MANGO CHUTNEY
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 piece ginger root, about 2 inch, peeled and chopped fine
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. hot chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp cayenne pepper (or more to your taste)
1 c. vinegar
1 c. seedless raisins
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar

This recipe makes about 16 ounces
Peel and cut 1/8 inch thick slices from mangos. Try not to include fibrous parts from around the pits. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add mangoes, ginger, garlic, salt, chili powder, crushed red pepper, cayenne, and cumin. Cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vinegar, raisins, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Liquid should thicken and become syrupy and mangoes translucent.

[ Edited Tue May 07 2013, 09:32PM ]
DrakeMegrim
Tue May 07 2013, 09:13PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

I forgot to take pictures of the homemade Mexican enchiladas I made this weekend. It was fantastic. Even made our enchilada sauce from scratch! I'll post the recipe this weekend.

Skyhawk
Wed May 15 2013, 10:44AM

Texas Beef Brisket------------------

My company has a beef brisket cook off every year, being two days ago. I took first this year out of 31 entries so I thought I'd share my process an uncle taught me years ago. I have fucked up a lot of briskets in my day until this guy straightened me out. I usually cook with grills and smokers but you can actually produce a kick-ass brisket with only an oven.

Preferred method:
1. Don't trim your brisket, the fat cooks off. Heat your grill, toss the brisket on, sear all sides for a few minutes. This helps hold the juices and add to the smoky taste. Blackening it a bit is not bad either.

2. Apply your rub or seasonings, doing so before hand knocks it all off on the grill. I don't use a rub but instead, liberally apply black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, a little seasoned salt, and a coating of cayenne. Mine is pretty red with cayenne and when finished, has a good bite. The cayenne cooks in and is not overly hot.

3. Move brisket to a smoker (electric, gas, or wood/charcoal, any is good). Keep heat at about 220 and open the door as little as possible. I smoke it about four to six hours and then get tired of tending it.

4. MOST IMPORTANT PART OF A TENDER BRISKET - Get a roll of the 24 inch, heavy duty, restaurant style foil from Costco or Sams. Tear off three large sheets and put your brisket on the first sheet, fat side up. Fold the sides up to cover your brisket. Flip the whole thing over on to the second sheet and do the same, then flip it back to the original side on the third sheet and fold the sides up. Press it all together so you have a nice little tight cocoon. I cook mine with the fatty side up so that it melts off and runs down the brisket as it cooks. Put it on a sheet pan and into the oven at 400 degrees for about 2 hours. Then reduce the temp to 200 degrees for about 8 hours.

Shortcut method:
1. Buy your brisket a couple days before you need it. Cut a small slit in one end of the bag and pour in a bottle of liquid smoke. Marinate in the bag for a day or so.

2. Apply your rub or seasonings.

3. Wrap in heavy duty foil (number 4 above)

4. Set on sheet pan in oven, bake at 400 degrees for 4 hours, reduce temp to 200 degrees for another 10 - 12 hours.

In both cases, the foil wrap never fails to make a tender brisket as long as you have plenty of fat on the meat.

[ Edited Wed May 15 2013, 11:50AM ]
TacosdeTripa
Wed May 15 2013, 11:38AM

Steam Alias: Tacos de Tripa
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Holy Fucking Shit. I'm making after today, sky hawk.

Go to page  1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1091 sec, 0.0191 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,707kB