Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: Ideas & Suggestions
word detecting mod? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Caboose
Sun Apr 21 2013, 07:30PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Caboose
Class: Medic
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

is there a mod/plug in/add on that can detect certain words like lets say someone comes in, and says umad or u mad? it'll lets say kick them for 3000 min or just outright ban? If there is, we could totally have that on the server. :3

ProfessorJerk
Sun Apr 21 2013, 07:32PM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

I know there's a thing that can ping admins when somebody uses the word admin, but it led to nothing but abuse by people who thought that pinging admins was funny. Don't see this going any better.

Caboose
Sun Apr 21 2013, 07:43PM

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Aww. it kinda sucks when it's like 3 am and no admon is on to chuck their mighty ban hammer at some Jackoff wagon for saying umad.

ProfessorJerk
Sun Apr 21 2013, 08:22PM

To be honest if you IMed me while I was stoned at 3am because a dude said "u mad" once I'd probably tell you to get over it unless he turns it into spamming the phrase in question when he's informed of the rule haha.

DrakeMegrim
Sun Apr 21 2013, 08:58PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

I don't think we need this mod and it seems the more mods we put on the more likely the server is to crash. :-/

Caboose
Sun Apr 21 2013, 10:04PM

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Well I wouldnt Im if he said it once. Unless he kept saying it and insulting others or trying to pick a fight over the interwebsnet

ProfessorJerk
Mon Apr 22 2013, 12:00AM

What Drake said is accurate. Also if a mod is able to ping an admin to do something, you can just as easily IM one of us. I am frequently awake around then, as much as I'd rather not be.

Vali
Mon Apr 22 2013, 07:36AM

Steam Alias: Vali
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

I think at least a few of us still have our remote consoles set up to let us know if someone says "admin" in chat. I know I do at least.

So if someone is spamming umad or doing anything else they shouldn't be, try asking for an admin in chat.

AntiHick
Mon Apr 22 2013, 08:09AM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Most simple dumb problems like this work themselves out fairly quickly as long as 8 different non admin community members don't instigate shit any further by screaming "THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES YOU'RE GONNA GET BANNED I'MMA GO FIND AN ADMIN."

In other words, I'd rather see you learn to ignore this than use it to enforce a nanny state on the server.

the_hammer_q
Mon Apr 22 2013, 03:48PM

Steam Alias: The Grand Inquisitor
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I personally haven't seen it used that much. but I had a question though, couldn't the admin pinging add on just be tweaked to look for the phrases?

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0910 sec, 0.0194 of that for queries. DB queries: 70. Memory Usage: 2,636kB