Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Tech Forum
Game starts stuttering << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
bldwilco
Mon Jun 09 2014, 12:39AM

Steam Alias: bldwilco
Class: Medic
Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Lately (past few days), when I start playing TF2 around 10-15 minutes in the game starts stuttering. I've tried other games and everything works fine. My connection is stable and background apps are running at a minimum. Anyone run into this lately?

My PC specs: i7 @ 3.5 GHz
32 GB
GTX 780M

khamir-ubitch
Mon Jun 09 2014, 06:07AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Do you run any custom skins, sounds, huds, etc?

I found I was having the same issue. When I found it was localized to TF2, I got rid of all the custom stuff and it stopped stuttering.

What is your frame rate usually and what is it now? (While playing type cl_showfps 1)

bldwilco
Mon Jun 09 2014, 11:53AM

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Usual FPS=85
After ~10 minutes FPS=35-45

khamir-ubitch
Mon Jun 09 2014, 12:07PM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Odd.

Update your driver
Make sure you have a decent driver for your video card. Sometimes Microsoft will try and update it using ITS OWN driver. (not often, but I've seen it happen)

Customization:
If you haven't already, disable/get rid of any custom stuff you have (mostly huds, scripts, etc...). See if this makes a difference. Custom stuff will live here (By default): C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom The easiest way, just rename the "custom folder" to CUSTOMII and create a new one called custom with nothing in it.

Check your GPU:
Ensure that it doesn't overheat and start to shit on itself. Make sure the video card's fan is free and clear. I'm doubtful this is it as you say other games work fine.

See if one of those doesn't' help you out. Not much to go on as far as background or details.

bldwilco
Mon Jun 09 2014, 12:56PM

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Went through customs and cleaned it out. Also, Microsoft did try to update using its own driver. Tried it again and after 30 minutes it worked just fine. Averaging 95 FPS.

Thanks for the help!

thievishmetal
Mon Jun 09 2014, 03:08PM

Steam Alias: somethin', somethin' Bastard
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

A 780 and 32gbs of ram in a laptop.

You cray.

bldwilco
Mon Jun 09 2014, 03:21PM

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Yeah, I know. But, I travel all the time so it just made more sense to have something that is easier to take with me.

BiGTeX
Mon Jun 09 2014, 05:24PM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I had the same exact problem. Completely uninstalled the game, reinstalled and was good.

AntiHick
Mon Jun 09 2014, 06:42PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

You have a 780 and only get 85-95 fps?

What kind of shit CPU is bottlenecking you? I'm running a 560ti with everything completely maxed out and I stay around 200-300

mrnarhwal
Tue Jun 10 2014, 05:45PM

Steam Alias: Mr. Narwhal
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

A lot of people seem to be having the same problem

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0881 sec, 0.0185 of that for queries. DB queries: 70. Memory Usage: 2,633kB