Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: The Gravity Bong -- 2fort
Official Gravity Bong Spawn Camping Rules << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Skyhawk
Mon Jun 16 2014, 03:46PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Spawn camping definitions have been up for discussion for years around The Gravity Bong so listed below are the current definitive rules. I say current because situations may arise that would warrant amendment to the rules. Note, lower resupply and the drop (ghetto) spawn are exempt from regulation.

Definition of spawn camping:
-Shooting in, at, or towards spawn and not moving through to another area. This includes purposely running back and forth through spawn repeatedly with the obvious intention of spawn killing.

-A player would have to be killed by the same person twice going out of one of the ghetto exits before realizing that someone's camping there.

-The player that's "camping" could/would get numerous other "cheap" kills by sitting on an exit on other players.

-Even if there is more than one exit to the spawn, it would necessitate the player who was killed 2+ times exiting the ghetto spawn tell their team that "Hey, there's a soldier camping the battlements"

-Intel resupply is not a spawn and therefore is up to any and all camping. If you have to go in there and cannot get out, you're pretty useless anyway. Die and come back in a different spawn. Think twice about the next time you consider going into intel resupply and volunteering to be in a corner from which you cannot escape. Was is worth it?

-Standing in hayroom firing into spawn and displaying no intention of moving into courtyard or spiral is undeniably spawn camping. Exceptions would of course include if the intel is in hayroom or intel is coming up spiral. Or if an Engi is built in front of spawn. Otherwise, you should always be moving through hayroom.

-Ghetto spawn is exempt from these rules, along with intel resupply as for the reasons listed above

Only acceptable reasons to spawn camp:
-Enemy engi builds shit right outside spawn

-Your intel is dropped in front of enemy spawn and you are protecting it.

-The enemy intel is in spawn trying to make it's way out (whether it is you or someone else carrying it)

-The enemy intel is about to GO THROUGH spawn and you can ACTUALLY SEE THE INTEL on it's way from an adjacent room/path.

[ Edited Mon Jun 16 2014, 03:53PM ]
Sir Osis
Mon Jun 16 2014, 04:33PM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I will not stop until the drop down is referred to as 'the bagel hole'. That said, I didn't read the roles. I'M EXEMPT, MOTHER FUCKERS!

gonzo.the.great
Mon Jun 16 2014, 04:45PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:7227352
Class: Demoman
Liked 60 times in 25 posts

Here, here.

AntiHick
Mon Jun 16 2014, 04:45PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

You don't have to die to leave the intel resupply, you can just change classes/loadouts and it pops you back up to a main spawn.

Skyhawk
Mon Jun 16 2014, 07:49PM

Yeah, if you're a weenie.

Korben Dallas
Mon Jun 16 2014, 07:54PM

Steam Alias: Korben Dallas
Liked 40 times in 13 posts

In MY CASE (not saying this is the way it is or should be)

As a general rule:

If I'm low on HP and walk close of the spawn door I will shoot at the door, if I got full HP I prefer to go unnoticed. Why? because I'am there to get downstairs and get the secret crap out! I'm not there to get a free kills getting there and WAIT for someone to appear.

If there is someone around the spawn door and he shoot at me I will make sure he/she dies (if he/she lives and go inside he/she will get full HP... and that's... that's no good)

If someone tell me to hold the spiral I will remain inside the top spiral room, peak outside and pray for random crits. Stay out and WAIT is BS, you have (+ or -) a second and a half ahead of anyone getting out of there (the door block the view) getting out of there you can't react and counter properly.

In that case; I will not wait outside the room for someone to open the door and shoot... that's not cool and I hate when that happens to me, in my book is the definition of bad sport and maximum dushiness, but that's me And I don't expect to get that treatment.

Is the same order of ideas; with afk people (like those in the sewer, a common place to get in a corner and type something in the chat box) is kinda dumb to frag a afk dummy... I will shoot at them and expect a reaction, if none, I will go away. (sometimes the crit god is not kind)

The argument of tactical holds or "cover" the entire hail room for 40 or 30 secs (the average class takes 30 seconds to go down and go up) is BS. To me you are exploiting a loop hole in the rules and getting free and effortless point, taking people out of the fun that we're suppously looking for, this is specially true with heavies and demos with krits medics, is been a ass pure and simple.

Now, everybody plays for different reasons. And in general the majority of this situations have ways to counter and get around like change classes/loadouts, but systematically camping the sewer or the crate hole and Spawn with crits stickies, natasha, rockets etc., IS BS and DUSHY.... my point of view.

TacosdeTripa
Mon Jun 16 2014, 08:13PM

Steam Alias: Tacos de Tripa
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Wieners?

AntiHick
Mon Jun 16 2014, 10:33PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Now, I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere but can the official stance be clarified on this particular issue:

Someone is well outside of their spawn, engages in combat, and then runs back to spawn and repeatedly pokes their head in and out taking pot shots at you.

Can I stand there and kill that person? Or are they allowed to pretend that this is hide and seek and the spawn door is base?

Skyhawk
Mon Jun 16 2014, 10:42PM

I believe they would have that advantage as there should not be any reason for you to wait for them to emerge if the ACCEPTABLE REASONS FOR SPAWN CAMPING are not met.

[ Edited Mon Jun 16 2014, 11:41PM ]
AntiHick
Mon Jun 16 2014, 10:47PM

Liked 3 times in 1 posts

It's not really a matter of waiting, people run just inside spawn doors and spam rockets or whatever out of spawn constantly. Either you kill them or you "move along to intel" with rockets hitting you in the back because they couldn't wait two seconds for you to vacate the area.

Edit: I guess it doesn't really matter to me that much cause I haven't really had any issue with people (who actually matter) accusing me of spawn camping, I just wanted clarification for the sake of shutting down all the whiny pussies.

If someone's moving through the spawn area though I generally stand near the supply cabinet and count to 5 or so, then go back out. I wouldn't ever expect someone to turn their back to me if I was holding the door open actively firing at them.

[ Edited Mon Jun 16 2014, 11:00PM ]
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1312 sec, 0.0193 of that for queries. DB queries: 70. Memory Usage: 2,655kB