Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Tech Forum
Trying to start a server HELP! << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Wolfwarrior27
Mon Jun 23 2014, 05:32PM

Steam Alias: wolfwarrior27
Class: Engineer
Liked 79 times in 41 posts

Hey! No Im not trying to start another Tf2 Server But Bearidus and I thought it might be cool if we could have a Bong Minecraft server. Now I know a lot of the Bong doesnt minecraft and such but just for the ones who do we thought it would be cool to start one. Now that I have said that.. I have no idea how to start a sever or host one or anything like that. So what I am asking is if someone would kindly help me start one up. Just tell me what to do and such Thanks alot. You can conntact me on steam. [Bong] Wolfwarrior27.

knife_out
Mon Jun 23 2014, 05:38PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

Just fyi, both Frost and SlugKing have minecraft servers, so...

gonzo.the.great
Mon Jun 23 2014, 07:14PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:7227352
Class: Demoman
Liked 61 times in 26 posts

NinjaAl
Mon Jun 23 2014, 08:07PM

Steam Alias: NinjaAl
Class: Soldier
Liked 11 times in 8 posts

I am in support of this decision.

However, I doubt that I'll be allowed to do much since the incident with Gooby's cows....

shinsabaku
Mon Jun 23 2014, 08:20PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Sabaku
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I never play online, i really should some time.

DeKeeg
Mon Jun 23 2014, 09:46PM

Steam Alias: DeKeeg
Liked 12 times in 7 posts

NinjaAl wrote ...

However, I doubt that I'll be allowed to do much since the incident with Gooby's cows....

Does she really have cows, or is that a code word for something else? ...like boobies?

Wolfwarrior27
Mon Jun 23 2014, 10:26PM

Steam Alias: wolfwarrior27
Class: Engineer
Liked 79 times in 41 posts

Yea we joined slug But thanks guys

NinjaAl
Mon Jun 23 2014, 11:25PM

Steam Alias: NinjaAl
Liked 11 times in 8 posts

DeKeeg wrote ...

NinjaAl wrote ...

Does she really have cows, or is that a code word for something else? ...like boobies?

Once upon a time on Bif's old minecraft server, Gooby had a cow pasture. Then one day, some nefarious saboteur rigged explosives underneath the cow pasture to be triggered by trip wire.

It was glorious. The next day, my entire house was replaced with pumpkins.

frostmute
Tue Jun 24 2014, 11:55AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

knife_out wrote ...

Iv'e given up running a minecraft server, really...

Its fine for friends, but the general MC community is toxic teenage garbage. After getting hundreds of "CAN I BE AN OP!!? I KNOW IM A COMPLETE STRANGER BUT I PROMISE TO BE GOOD! K THANKS!!" messages, my tolerance has dwindled...

That and the fact the I always run HEAVILY modded servers; explaining how to use a plugin for the 1000th time, even though I clearly have instructions on a website, is fucking EXHAUSTING.

I still keep a server up, but I don't really invite anyone new to it. It's primarily there on the offbeat chance that I MIIIIIGHT want to play some MC multiplayer... But that is less and less these days.

TLDR: I'm a grumpy old fucker who doesn't like stupid kids.

[ Edited Tue Jun 24 2014, 11:58AM ]
knife_out
Wed Jun 25 2014, 01:02AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

frostmute wrote ...

knife_out wrote ...

That and the fact the I always run HEAVILY modded servers; explaining how to use a plugin for the 1000th time, even though I clearly have instructions on a website, is fucking EXHAUSTING.

How do I use the whole "/spawn" thing again? I know it would teleport me to spawn, but how is it effecting the environment? Do I leave a radiation cloud when I use it?

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1079 sec, 0.0174 of that for queries. DB queries: 71. Memory Usage: 2,650kB