Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Tech Forum
Anyone else using Cyanogenmod for their Android device? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
the_hammer_q
Wed Jul 16 2014, 01:48PM

Steam Alias: The Grand Inquisitor
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I recently switched to cmod after getting tired of waiting on Samsung and AT&T to release updates. I flash the newest ROM as soon as they're made available and everything runs smoothly except for one major issue, using gapps I get a ton of camera crashes that require either a reboot or app restart and now I'm trying to install a new version but each time I do it, i get the endless boot animation.

halp?

DrakeMegrim
Wed Jul 16 2014, 02:11PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

I just use stock android. My phone usage is pretty boring and bland though. I basically use it to read the news and gchat.

frostmute
Wed Jul 16 2014, 02:46PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

the_hammer_q wrote ...

I recently switched to cmod after getting tired of waiting on Samsung and AT&T to release updates. I flash the newest ROM as soon as they're made available and everything runs smoothly except for one major issue, using gapps I get a ton of camera crashes that require either a reboot or app restart and now I'm trying to install a new version but each time I do it, i get the endless boot animation.

halp?

All stock android roms are garbage, you are doing right to switch to something with better functionality. I use PacMan rom - best aspects of Cyanogen, AOKP, and Paranoid Android all rolled into one streamlined ROM. Fucking RULES! Pac-Rom

Its possible you are flashing the wrong GAPPS for the base version of andriod of the Cyanogen you are trying. I have had the same issue when accidentally putting 4.2 GAPPS on a 4.3 ROM

I would use recovery to put a boring stock rom back on there, then re-do the GAPPS and Cyanogen installs.

What model is your device and what recovery manager are you using?

[ Edited Wed Jul 16 2014, 02:50PM ]
khamir-ubitch
Wed Jul 16 2014, 03:04PM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

I wish I could use a non-stock rom, but I had to go buy the ONE FUCKING device that people don't care to root. When they finally rooted it, AT&T released the 4.2.2 update. Guess what, it's not been rooted yet. YAY.

[ Edited Wed Jul 16 2014, 03:05PM ]
the_hammer_q
Wed Jul 16 2014, 04:09PM

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

frostmute wrote ...

All stock android roms are garbage, you are doing right to switch to something with better functionality. I use PacMan rom - best aspects of Cyanogen, AOKP, and Paranoid Android all rolled into one streamlined ROM. Fucking RULES! Pac-Rom

Its possible you are flashing the wrong GAPPS for the base version of andriod of the Cyanogen you are trying. I have had the same issue when accidentally putting 4.2 GAPPS on a 4.3 ROM

I would use recovery to put a boring stock rom back on there, then re-do the GAPPS and Cyanogen installs.

SGH-I747 Samsung Galaxy S3 currently using d2lte ROMs somehow doing the exact same thing for a 4th time worked so I think I'm all good now, will definitely look into pac-man though.

frostmute
Thu Jul 17 2014, 12:01AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

the_hammer_q wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

SGH-I747 Samsung Galaxy S3 currently using d2lte ROMs somehow doing the exact same thing for a 4th time worked so I think I'm all good now, will definitely look into pac-man though.

Gotta' wipe dat Dalvic Cache, man.

the_hammer_q
Mon Jul 21 2014, 08:13PM

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Worked wonders,seems to solve lots of issues.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1053 sec, 0.0144 of that for queries. DB queries: 56. Memory Usage: 2,559kB