Forums

Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Novalia
Wed Aug 20 2014, 06:10PM

Steam Alias: Novalia
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

you guys should implement a voting system.. so many times i'm sitting on a team with afk guys for over 30 minutes.. also you get hackers on there that could easily be booted by majority.. a guy was on last night aimbotting for over 30 minutes before somebody got an admin from his friends list to deal with it.

DrakeMegrim
Wed Aug 20 2014, 06:26PM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

We've tried it in the past but it's way too easy to abuse. Add all the admins and I'm sure you'll get a response from someone. There is always someone around.

http://gravitybong.net/page.php?4

Mama
Wed Aug 20 2014, 07:06PM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

I'm around my computer almost every weekday after 5pm MDT, and most of the weekends. I may be 'away', but I'm usually just surfing the internet or cooking dinner.

SoraPiroB
Thu Aug 21 2014, 12:20AM

Steam Alias: SoraPiroB
Class: Soldier
Liked 34 times in 26 posts

There are a few servers that have afk managers, where afk players are moved to spec after 10 minutes then kicked after 20.

And what I'd really like is an auto-scramble feature that shuffles the teams if one team wins 3 times in a row. Or just have vote-scramble.

knife_out
Thu Aug 21 2014, 12:43AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

DrakeMegrim wrote ...

We've tried it in the past but it's way too easy to abuse. Add all the admins and I'm sure you'll get a response from someone. There is always someone around.

http://gravitybong.net/page.php?4

Admins hate people who spam them over every little thing ever.

Source: Admins hate me.

Sir Osis
Thu Aug 21 2014, 05:28AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

SoraPiroB wrote ...

There are a few servers that have afk managers, where afk players are moved to spec after 10 minutes then kicked after 20.

And what I'd really like is an auto-scramble feature that shuffles the teams if one team wins 3 times in a row. Or just have vote-scramble.

To be fair, there is an autokicker installed. The problem is that they're one of the more temperamental plugins and generally break with every update. The never ending struggle.

gonzo.the.great
Thu Aug 21 2014, 07:55AM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:7227352
Class: Demoman
Liked 60 times in 25 posts

My issue with most "vote" systems on other servers is that people don't even read or care why they're kicking someone. Just a "get that dam menu out of the way" so I can keep playing.

In the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes is nothing. If no admin is around, get a demo, post it, the guy gets banned, life goes on.

Skyhawk
Thu Aug 21 2014, 08:36AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

SoraPiroB wrote ...

The default TF2 autokick is active and it did kick me last week for sitting in spec too long. The autokicker I had running a few months ago was so wonky it would kick people after 10 seconds. Hick suggested another one that has recent updates that I could try.

Seems the team scramble plugin worked reasonably well until an update broke it. Vote-scramble is cool until one team is about to lose and they throw up a vote to avoid the loss. I'll test Hick's autokicker and maybe we can use it.

thievishmetal
Thu Aug 21 2014, 09:13AM

Steam Alias: somethin', somethin' Bastard
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

SoraPiroB wrote ...

The default TF2 autokick is active and it did kick me last week for sitting in spec too long. The autokicker I had running a few months ago was so wonky it would kick people after 10 seconds. Hick suggested another one that has recent updates that I could try.

Seems the team scramble plugin worked reasonably well until an update broke it. Vote-scramble is cool until one team is about to lose and they throw up a vote to avoid the loss. I'll test Hick's autokicker and maybe we can use it.

Does the scramble plug in have some kind of option to disable it when the round is close to an end? Running out of time on clock/one team sitting at a score of 4.

Skyhawk
Thu Aug 21 2014, 10:52AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

The old one did not but I'll need to look for a new one anyway. By the way, if anyone comes across any plugins that the think would be fun or benefit the community, we would be happy to test them out. Search them here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0899 sec, 0.0184 of that for queries. DB queries: 73. Memory Usage: 2,670kB