Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: The Gravity Bong -- 2fort
December GB donation drive and earbuds << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Skyhawk
Wed Nov 26 2014, 01:07PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Hello fellow Bong-ers.

The Gravity Bong coffers occasionally need a little fluffing so we appeal to this fine community to help us pay a little rent. The server runs entirely on donations until we run out, then our Supreme Benefactor (HeLiX) takes over. December seems be the month where we see the most donations so I wanted to post this as we are close to that date.

To sweeten the pot, starting December first, any $5 donation will get you an entry into a raffle for a set of earbuds. Only one entry per person so everyone has an equal chance. Pending success, this raffle will come around regularly so you'll have more chances later.

I'll make a news post around December 1.

Helix
Wed Nov 26 2014, 02:08PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Class: Soldier
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

Woohoo! Just adding to Skyhawk's post we are and have been almost completely run on donations over the past 7 years! We've never offered any kind of donation membership for our reserved slots or similar that other communities do because quite frankly we think it's BS! We rarely solicit, but as Skyhawk said we usually get 90% of our donations for the year in December so why not offer a raffle to drive incentive! To those of you who do donate on a regular basis it is noticed and thank you over the years!

Even though we run a single server the costs are there... our server is on a dedicated VM for performance, we have two sets of gameme stats to pay for each month, almost 6 years worth of images and attachments from this website and forums to host, and space for our fast download and replay functionality.

In addition, when making a donation, please include your common in-game tag so we know who donates. It's hard to identify donors by email address alone. Thanks!

knife_out
Wed Nov 26 2014, 03:39PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

Where to I send all my real moneies to.

Skyhawk
Wed Nov 26 2014, 05:30PM

Big red DONATE button on the left side of the home page after Dec 1.

[ Edited Wed Nov 26 2014, 05:32PM ]
knife_out
Thu Nov 27 2014, 02:26AM

That's at LEAST three steps too many, why can't you just take my money?! I'm throwing it at the screen.

[ Edited Thu Nov 27 2014, 02:27AM ]
AntiHick
Thu Nov 27 2014, 09:40AM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Alternatively, paypal everything to TheAntiHick©gmail.com along with a picture of your wang so I know who to give credit to.

DeKeeg
Mon Dec 01 2014, 12:46PM

Steam Alias: DeKeeg
Liked 12 times in 7 posts

I'd like to suggest putting this post under "headlines" on the front page so it doesn't get buried. <3

Edit: Oh wait...There's a HUGE write-up front and center. My bad lol.

[ Edited Mon Dec 01 2014, 12:47PM ]
knife_out
Mon Dec 01 2014, 04:05PM

I donated all of 10 dollars to the cause. Said this cause I forgot to say mah name in the note, but you may have been able to guess. May donate more later on when I have a more stable amount . Also have other plans... maybe..

[ Edited Mon Dec 01 2014, 05:14PM ]
vahn0100
Wed Dec 10 2014, 08:12PM

Steam Alias: Vahn0100
Liked 9 times in 6 posts

There was a way to post our name in the donation? Wow, I'm blind..... O.O

Skyhawk
Wed Dec 10 2014, 10:23PM

If overlooked, donators can post their email here and we can reconcile the names.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0978 sec, 0.0163 of that for queries. DB queries: 70. Memory Usage: 2,630kB