Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
My Star Wars Story << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
BiGTeX
Wed Dec 03 2014, 12:34AM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Aaaaah yes. 12 years old at summer camp. Just realizing what fun bags were for. Was goin to summer camp at Bachman Lake in Dallas. Went to camp one day and they herded us all in a few vans, said we were goin to a movie. Went to that camp for 3 years and had never gone to see a movie. Back then, the biggest theater in Dallas was NorthPark Mall. It had 4 screens then i think. It was just awesome. There were people lined up around the mall twice, not kidding. We just walked rite up past all those people, shakin our asses at everybody. As soon as it started , i knew it was different. My mom is a sci fi freak too, so as soon as i got home, i told her about it, and we went again. Dont know how many times i saw it, lost count. Waitin in line almost a week for Empire tickets, and it was better than a new hope. Kinda dropped the ball with jedi. Too snuggly. Too this day, when i have a bad week, or lose hope in my fellow man, i watch that movie, and im immediately somewhere else. Isnt that what movies are all about? I often laugh to myself when people get wackass critical about movies because the plot lines are stoopid, or that wouldnt really happen in real life. I go to the movies to leave my bills, my boss, and all the rest of that shit. Anyways, thats my star wars story.

[ Edited Wed Dec 03 2014, 12:34AM ]
ProfessorJerk
Wed Dec 03 2014, 09:00AM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

My Caboose's action figure comics PTSD kicked in when I read this title.

Skyhawk
Wed Dec 03 2014, 10:40AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

I have always been a sci-fi fan and loved the movies, even the ones considered failed, but never really make a point to sit down and re-watch them. I should probably do a full Star Wars marathon in the next few months.

ProfessorJerk
Wed Dec 03 2014, 11:00AM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

Just stay away from the "remastered" versions of the original trilogy if at all possible.

AntiHick
Wed Dec 03 2014, 05:47PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

There are torrents available for "un-edited" versions of the originals.

Also I feel like Disney may have announced some time back that they were going to release the original versions officially.

Sir Osis
Wed Dec 03 2014, 06:22PM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

There are torrents available for "un-edited" versions of the originals.

Also I feel like Disney may have announced some time back that they were going to release the original versions officially.

Lucas did a release in like, 2007 which had the original unedited versions on it. I do believe Disney announced a Blu Ray, though.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0662 sec, 0.0117 of that for queries. DB queries: 53. Memory Usage: 2,547kB