Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Tech Forum
Web Forgery/Install Adobe/Firefox Update Virus << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
knife_out
Wed Dec 17 2014, 06:48PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

I've had this for a little over a week now, and it makes it near impossible to navigate most pages. I've tried finding "fixes", but have been unable to come across anything so far. I've done virus scans with both Norton and McAfee, and neither of them have fixed it. Any suggestions?

And no, I will not delete my System 32.

[ Edited Wed Dec 17 2014, 06:48PM ]
Skyhawk
Wed Dec 17 2014, 06:51PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Are you referring to the fake adobe flash install?

knife_out
Wed Dec 17 2014, 07:28PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

Correct Sky.

Skyhawk
Wed Dec 17 2014, 07:32PM

Problem is, it isn't a true virus, more of a malware program installed under an impossible to find .exe, usually a bunch of numbers. You try a system restore to a previous date?

If you have system restore turned off for some reason, try malwarebytes or adwcleaner

If you are using Windows 7, system restore is under START > All Programs > Accessories > System Restore. Hopefully your PC is setting restore points, choose one a week or two back, at least before you installed the malware, follow the instructions.

[ Edited Wed Dec 17 2014, 09:32PM ]
DrakeMegrim
Thu Dec 18 2014, 08:32AM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

SuperAntiSpyware isn't bad either. Even has an alternate start if the malware is clever.

khamir-ubitch
Thu Dec 18 2014, 01:23PM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

I second the system restore along with malwarebytes. You may want to give this "McAfee Stinger" a go as well.

Here's a removal guide.

[ Edited Thu Dec 18 2014, 01:25PM ]
frostmute
Thu Dec 18 2014, 09:18PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

take advantage of this if you can't get it fixed; If that windows install has been in service for over 3 years, its time for a re-install anyway...

Skyhawk
Thu Dec 18 2014, 10:40PM

Frost makes an excellent point about refreshing your OS. Skyhawk Jr is famous for fucking up his laptop with all kinds of malware from downloads. About every six months, he hits the factory reset button on his MSI laptop and a utility partition auto-wipes the drive and blows down the factory image. If you don't have an out-of-the-box OS on your PC, do you could do it from the reinstall disks.

AntiHick
Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:40PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Or just download whatever version of windows you want and burn an install disk.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.1006 sec, 0.0180 of that for queries. DB queries: 66. Memory Usage: 2,608kB