Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Servers :: Ideas & Suggestions
[poll] Sixty Minutes of Merriment << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
SoraPiroB
Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:14PM

Steam Alias: SoraPiroB
Class: Soldier
Liked 34 times in 26 posts
Bring back Happy Hour?
Yes

No

phuq ewe brownie fgt

So, a couple days ago Mama tried in vain to bring back Happy Hour. But, she chose Arena Badwater and it just killed the server. But we still need to bring Happy Hour back!

I already made this appeal here:

New Maps

and here:

[poll] Beta Maps (Happy Hour?)

and this is the list of maps already on the server:

So how about it? Everyone up for a couple rounds on cp_canterlot_wg?

Skyhawk
Wed Apr 01 2015, 09:39AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Class: Medic
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

This is the thing about map changes, if done during prime hours with a full server it can empty the server for the rest of the night. The way Valve ranks the servers for quickplay depends on the length of time a player stays connected so choosing a map that not everyone agrees to can be fatal.

If we wanted to do a happy hour(s) time, my opinion is that we schedule it. I like map rotations for a few hours on a Saturday morning or just screwing around with something like the Cyberpunk map on low grav or skate/jump maps.

If we wanted to do an hour or two on Wednesday or Sunday nights, I'd be happy to set that up too.

[ Edited Wed Apr 01 2015, 09:40AM ]
Helix
Wed Apr 01 2015, 09:46AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

Agreed with Sky. Awesome thread SoraPiroB, I agree we need some more spunk from the everyday routine. Just a reminder we can do thigns aside from just map changes, the early day happy hours used to be trip mines, unlimited buildings, one shot kill, etc. Just ideas

Skyhawk
Wed Apr 01 2015, 10:16AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

Hick is the master at finding fun plugins for happy hours.

BiGTeX
Wed Apr 01 2015, 12:04PM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I smoke weed when i conga

Dickbut
Wed Apr 01 2015, 02:34PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 117 times in 47 posts

More like Cancerlot.

Mama
Wed Apr 01 2015, 08:14PM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

It wasn't exactly trying to bring back Happy Hour...I was having issues clicking the right buttons. (I was a tad bit...ok I was drunk.) Still sad that the server emptied.

SoraPiroB
Wed Apr 01 2015, 09:21PM

Steam Alias: SoraPiroB
Liked 34 times in 26 posts

we could always hold a vote for which map to go on during happy hour as well, would make it easier to choose a map people would stay on

khamir-ubitch
Thu Apr 02 2015, 12:23PM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

I miss different maps on the GB.

I love to switch it up, but using votes. I tend to try and stick to the popular maps. I wish they made a plugin that would do multi-votes. I say this because what I normally do is throw out 3 votes:

New map?
What type? (CP, PL, KOTH, CTF...etc)
Which specific map?

This has always worked out well for me.

[ Edited Thu Apr 02 2015, 01:48PM ]
BiGTeX
Thu Apr 02 2015, 02:07PM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

It seems 2fort has a following that just enjoys playing 2fort. I play 2fort and dustbowl and that about it cept for the weird dodgeball gamey thing we play at nights. The only time i have seen a different map on the bong was on a sunday and every1 cept bong people left. I fear change.

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0838 sec, 0.0153 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,786kB