Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
Tax Day - Yay or FUCK THIS << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Helix
Wed Apr 15 2015, 01:49PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Class: Soldier
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

Well I just got done finally submitting my taxes. Tax day used to be a great day for me in the past, I would expect a refund and happily browse the internet for a week to see what to blow my refund on. Now, I'm self employed and it is a terrible day that I absolutely hate... I want to piss on all the commercials and advertising promising the biggest refund since that's not my case. Anywho, just finally submitted my return with payment owed with a few hours to spare.

Anyone get a fat refund? What are you spending it on?

Dickbut
Wed Apr 15 2015, 02:24PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 116 times in 46 posts

candy

DeKeeg
Wed Apr 15 2015, 02:39PM

Steam Alias: DeKeeg
Liked 12 times in 7 posts

I'm self employed too. I don't get too down about it though. After all of the deductions have been made, it looks like I made squat and only have to pay taxes on that amount. Also, those deductions pretty much outweigh what I would have gotten back anyways. Guess it's just a matter of keeping your money through the year, or getting a lump sum during tax time.

frostmute
Wed Apr 15 2015, 03:09PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

I have a kid, two dependants... between $4000-$5000 on my returns because of the way I have my withholdings set up.

This year i put some cash into PC parts and shit for my house (rugs, lights, etc)

gonzo.the.great
Wed Apr 15 2015, 04:20PM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:7227352
Class: Demoman
Liked 59 times in 24 posts

frostmute wrote ...

I have a kid, two dependants... between $4000-$5000 on my returns because of the way I have my withholdings set up.

This year i put some cash into PC parts and shit for my house (rugs, lights, etc)

Holy shit dude. You really shouldn't be getting that much back. You just gave the Gov a $5000 no-interest loan for a year.

BiGTeX
Wed Apr 15 2015, 06:24PM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Got my ps4 with my return. They direct deposited it 3 days after they accepted it.

frostmute
Wed Apr 15 2015, 07:03PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

gonzo.the.great wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

Holy shit dude. You really shouldn't be getting that much back. You just gave the Gov a $5000 no-interest loan for a year.

No, that is exactly how I want it. I dont have the ability to save that money if it is handed to me, I am perfectly ok with Uncle Sam holding on to it so I don't spend it. When you are the sole provider for a houshold of three, one of which is a child in school, the concept of "saving" (in my income bracket) is damn near ludicrous.

The way I have worked it out, what I get back on my tax return is what I would have saved over the course of the year had I been doing it myself (but am unable to).

Maybe in ten years, when I am 41 and presumably making much more money I wont have to rely on the good ol US Saving and Trust.

[ Edited Wed Apr 15 2015, 07:09PM ]
BiGTeX
Wed Apr 15 2015, 07:20PM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

frostmute wrote ...

gonzo.the.great wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

No, that is exactly how I want it. I dont have the ability to save that money if it is handed to me, I am perfectly ok with Uncle Sam holding on to it so I don't spend it. When you are the sole provider for a houshold of three, one of which is a child in school, the concept of "saving" (in my income bracket) is damn near ludicrous.

The way I have worked it out, what I get back on my tax return is what I would have saved over the course of the year had I been doing it myself (but am unable to).

Maybe in ten years, when I am 41 and presumably making much more money I wont have to rely on the good ol US Saving and Trust.

AMEN Been there brutha. Its amazing how much easier it is to pay bills after they leave the nest.

[ Edited Wed Apr 15 2015, 07:21PM ]
Ethan
Wed Apr 15 2015, 11:01PM

Steam Alias: Ethan
Liked 2 times in 2 posts

I'm going to use mine to buy a car. and shit i dont need

Skyhawk
Thu Apr 16 2015, 09:13AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

This is the time of the year I walk around the house with a bottle of whiskey and a loaded pistol to my head. Fucking HATE tax season. The good old days always promised a nice return for hookers and booze but since the wife got into the hair and makeup game in the TV and movie industry, her earnings usually include about 15 grand in 1099s, all untaxed.

She keeps a big shoebox of receipts I have to sort through and organize so I can squeeze every penny out of her business deductions, including our spare bedroom for her storage, and her shit mileage records.

I beg her to hand all this over to me so I can take it to an accountant but I finally get it around April 1st as an April Fools Fuck You so I have had to file an extension the past three years. THEN, when we finally get it filed, we argue over who pays the taxes on those cash earnings that I never get a part of. I first figure our tax based on our W2 info, establish a baseline, then add in her 1099s and expenses, the increase is her part. She doesn't see it that way so we get mad and I threaten to bury her alive in a box.

Just about this time every year I make plans to hike into the mountains of Alaska, build a fort, and go off the grid. Did I mention I fucking HATE tax season?

[ Edited Thu Apr 16 2015, 09:14AM ]
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0849 sec, 0.0152 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,675kB