Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Tech Forum
FrostMute's LightPak << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
khamir-ubitch
Wed Apr 22 2015, 12:47PM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Class: Medic
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

I was looking at that when it was still a kickstarter thing.

I was so excited I built my own ghetto version for 30 bucks (the led light strip kit from CostCo).

I didn't know they were out for order. I'll have to look into them. I made this thread because I know I'm going to have questions that you've probably already researched.

[ Edited Wed Apr 22 2015, 12:47PM ]
frostmute
Wed Apr 22 2015, 01:06PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

Yea, I'm not sure how recenty they went up for sale, but I totally snagged one: http://store.lightpack.tv/products/lightpack

Does yours sync to what is on the screen or does it just randomly pulse different colors? Did you need any software to get it working?

Helix
Wed Apr 22 2015, 06:03PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Class: Soldier
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

Sweet, didn't even know anything like this was out. I'm going to order one tonight, wanted to check if you guys have a referral link I should use?

ghadilli
Wed Apr 22 2015, 06:25PM

Steam Alias: Ghadilli
Class: Heavy
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Looks like a fun DIY project. Have you got an Arduino running the lights, or are they just hooked up to your PC? Or is it a third, far more exciting, solution?

AntiHick
Wed Apr 22 2015, 07:10PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Semi related, I recently did something like this along the top of my 16 foot window/wall in the living room.

frostmute
Wed Apr 22 2015, 09:13PM

Helix wrote ...

Sweet, didn't even know anything like this was out. I'm going to order one tonight, wanted to check if you guys have a referral link I should use?

No, I was not given any such info.

AntiHick wrote ...

Semi related, I recently did something like this along the top of my 16 foot window/wall in the living room.

That is a cool idea... Same thing like Khamir, a strip of leds? (LOL nevermind the name of the video says that XD)

Now I want to order some of these and put them in my bathroom.

[ Edited Wed Apr 22 2015, 09:14PM ]
AntiHick
Wed Apr 22 2015, 09:23PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Yeah frost, search LED strip on amazon. Sixteen foot rolls with a controller and power supply costs like 30 bucks total.

khamir-ubitch
Thu Apr 23 2015, 04:18AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Ugh, you need a machine to run it. I use a laptop on the couch. The other downside is that I have a 60" TV and it recommends 2 kits.

Two suggestions:
1. Make and price kits according to the size of your TV.
2. Include a module that you can plug in-line to your HDMI signal so you don't have to tether it to a computer.

frostmute
Thu Apr 23 2015, 10:30AM

khamir-ubitch wrote ...

Ugh, you need a machine to run it. I use a laptop on the couch. The other downside is that I have a 60" TV and it recommends 2 kits.

Two suggestions:
1. Make and price kits according to the size of your TV.
2. Include a module that you can plug in-line to your HDMI signal so you don't have to tether it to a computer.

Yea, they would be able to include more customers that way. I built a 3.0GHz dual core with a gtx 560ti and 3x2TB hdds to act as a media center / living room gaming pc and I'm hooking this mofo up to that.

I imagine that the limitations on how many you would need for a specific size depends on how far the cables reach and how even the coverage of light is around the whole edge; you could just try one to start and add another if you are not satisfied with the way it looks.

Halvus
Fri Apr 24 2015, 02:47PM

Steam Alias: [SBV]Halvus
Class: Pyro
Liked 28 times in 17 posts

http://www.adafruit.com/products/461?gclid=CjwKEAjw0-epBRDOp7f7lOG0zl4SJABxJg9qHVR6kaatfdmMWcP7M14c17BlfM6WqpQGRgCM9t8LShoCTZ3w_wcB

https://vimeo.com/30043456

Edit: Cant figure out how to embed the link so the preview shows up.

[ Edited Fri Apr 24 2015, 02:50PM ]
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0850 sec, 0.0173 of that for queries. DB queries: 70. Memory Usage: 2,690kB