Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
A New Low << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Fuel
Tue Apr 28 2015, 10:30PM

Steam Alias: Fuel
Class: Medic
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

In case you haven't guessed, that is Hick -- the same Hick who changed his Steam alias to 'dead_fetus' a day after Jesse's passing. I post this here in the hopes that someone whom Hick listens to sees this.

This isn't the conduct I've come to expect from its members --especially its admins -- and I sincerely hope this will be the end of such shameless behavior.

NinjaAl
Tue Apr 28 2015, 11:39PM

Steam Alias: NinjaAl
Class: Soldier
Liked 11 times in 8 posts

This is gonna end well.

AntiHick
Tue Apr 28 2015, 11:51PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Class: Soldier
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Well, just to clarify, that name change took place when I thought the whole thing was a hoax. Considering, you know, his account was playing games on steam that same day.

Really though, meh. Whatever. Exactly what was in poor taste here? "Fetus's dirt bike fuel." What is this saying that you don't approve of? Is it because I used his name? Are we only allowed to mention Fetus if we're crying and throwing money at random people online in his honor?

This isn't a new low buddy, you're just relatively new here.

[ Edited Tue Apr 28 2015, 11:54PM ]
BiGTeX
Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:04AM

Steam Alias: bigtex1313
Class: Scout
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

That is fucked off dude

[BONG] BigJoeZD
Wed Apr 29 2015, 01:48AM

Steam Alias: joey99964
Class: Heavy
Liked 2 times in 2 posts

What the fuck is wrong with you Hick. This is a Christian server we don't approve the name "choking on dicks forever"

frostmute
Wed Apr 29 2015, 08:12AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

Someone needs to say this.

Lots of people kill themselves everyday. Lots of people have hard times and mental health issues. Most of us man up and deal with it because there are people on this planet that count on us. Guy took the easy way out and left his family behind to pick up the pieces. Get over it.

Fetus is the new Klaire.

[ Edited Wed Apr 29 2015, 08:19AM ]
Skyhawk
Wed Apr 29 2015, 10:10AM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

frostmute wrote ...

Lots of people kill themselves everyday. Lots of people have hard times and mental health issues. Most of us man up and deal with it because there are people on this planet that count on us. Guy took the easy way out and left his family behind to pick up the pieces. Get over it.

Fetus is the new Klaire.

I partially agree with this but I also don't understand the concept of clinical depression and complete hopelessness. Fetus was an odd duck so when he would be in game and drunk as shit talking about how life kicked him in the balls, he usually tried to project a "fuck it" attitude and laugh. The guy had friends, family, a kid, and was all gung-ho on his offroading YouTube channel. He always seemed to me to be the kind of guy to "man up" eventually.

He and I chatted a bit so for him to off himself like that, I choose to believe his depression was something beyond his control. I know we have members with diagnosed depression and would hope they would all be treated with some respect were they in Fetus's situation.

Edit: I'm not bagging on Hick for this either, that name change thingy was indeed during the possible hoax window.

[ Edited Wed Apr 29 2015, 12:03PM ]
gonzo.the.great
Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:05AM

Steam Alias: STEAM_0:0:7227352
Class: Demoman
Liked 60 times in 25 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

Fetus is the new Klaire.

I partially agree with this but I also don't understand the concept of clinical depression and complete hopelessness. Fetus was an odd duck so when he would be in game and drunk as shit talking about how life kicked him in the balls, he usually tried to project a "fuck it" attitude and laugh. The guy had friends, family, a kid, and was all gung-ho on his offroading YouTube channel. He always seemed to me to be the kind of guy to "man up" eventually.

He and I chatted a bit so for him to off himself like that, I choose to believe his depression was something beyond his control. I know we have members with diagnosed depression and would hope they would all be treated with some respect were they in Fetus's situation.

I would have to respectfully and fully disagree with frostmute. I think Skyhawk is entirely correct with his comment on understanding. The major issue with judgement of mental issues of any kind is a lack of understanding. I don't profess to be an expert. I do understand, however, that clinical depression is a disease. We as a society hate trying to define mental health issues, as you can't point to a problem and say, "See, he broke his leg, so he has problems walking."

The supididly high increase in heroin ODs are not caused by people that want to die. They physically cannot say no. They are addicted. There is "no manning" up for many. Most people need medical help to kick it.

Mental health issues can have the same difficulties, with the adding one that it's all in your head. Take a quick read of Stephen Fry's talk about his recent suicide attempt. For the TL;DR, you can't rationalize the actions (easy way out, so much to live for) for the very simple reason that they are not rational.

sudo kill -9
Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:12AM

Steam Alias: [BONG] sudo kill -9
Class: Sniper
Liked 13 times in 4 posts

Listen.

You all should chillax. This community has thrived, and will be measured in the decades in terms of longevity - and we have not done so by being little pussy bitches. We've done it by laughing and poking fun at one another. It's how we operate. It's how we exist.

Are we sensitive behind steam chat windows? absolutely. I myself have had a personal tragedy in the past week. I had to witness my first born child being born, and then 3 days later burying her. Did that stop Hick and Beetus from joking about my wife banging another black dude to try again? Absolutely not. I would not have expected ANYTHING differently - it brought a smile to my face.

I believe one of my in-game names was "Dirt Bikes To Heaven," making jokes about Klaire and Fetus doing shots in heaven.

The day I come here, and we're all blubbering in-game about our personal tragedies is the day I get the fuck out.

Until that day, I suggest you smoke something, drink something, have a laugh and chill the fuck out!

[ Edited Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:14AM ]
frostmute
Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:44AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

gonzo.the.great wrote ...

Skyhawk wrote ...

frostmute wrote ...

Fetus is the new Klaire.

I would have to respectfully and fully disagree with frostmute. I think Skyhawk is entirely correct with his comment on understanding. The major issue with judgement of mental issues of any kind is a lack of understanding. I don't profess to be an expert. I do understand, however, that clinical depression is a disease. We as a society hate trying to define mental health issues, as you can't point to a problem and say, "See, he broke his leg, so he has problems walking."

The supididly high increase in heroin ODs are not caused by people that want to die. They physically cannot say no. They are addicted. There is "no manning" up for many. Most people need medical help to kick it.

Mental health issues can have the same difficulties, with the adding one that it's all in your head. Take a quick read of Stephen Fry's talk about his recent suicide attempt. For the TL;DR, you can't rationalize the actions (easy way out, so much to live for) for the very simple reason that they are not rational.

I am ALL TO FAMILIAR with depression and suicidal thoughts as they are something I have dealt with my entire life. I know all about the shitty state of mental health treatment as I have directly been involved with it. I have two family members who have committed suicide as well. But you know what? You move the fuck on and keep working at improving yourself and the lives of those around you, regardless. I work fucking hard to stay on this earth and provide for my family despite all my personal flaws and mental health issues. If that makes me an asshole, then so be it.... Its hard for me to have sympathy for anyone who gives up.

[ Edited Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:47AM ]
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0921 sec, 0.0161 of that for queries. DB queries: 73. Memory Usage: 2,698kB