Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Gaming :: Team Fortress 2
Valve implementing Matchmaking system << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
khamir-ubitch
Thu Apr 30 2015, 10:28AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Class: Medic
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Ahh, so that's why b4nny was @ valve. I had seen it on reddit/twitter.

I like the fact that they're addressing the "need" for competitive match making, but the timing is way off and is does not serve to benefit the majority of TF2 players out there.

Let's be real, most people don't play "competitively". Sure, more may get into the scene with this, but the demographic this serves (in my opinion) is much smaller than those who play casually.

If valve spent the same amount of time and effort in actually fixing broken things like the pyro's fire, the trick/side/face stabs, etc. They'd probably make a lot more people happy. They'd win the current people playing as well as those who left or are almost gone due to broken shit.

But there is no money to be made in it. You heard it here first: there is going to be some sort of cost associated with the match-making. I hope I'm wrong though.

[ Edited Thu Apr 30 2015, 10:29AM ]
Dickbut
Thu Apr 30 2015, 11:09AM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 117 times in 47 posts

lol i bet it will require you to buy tickets like MvM

serenissima
Mon May 04 2015, 11:19PM

Steam Alias: Epik Kobold
Class: Engineer
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

I am still clueless as to why they think they would need something like that. but it doesn't suprise me in the least. After all TF2 is where you go when you pissed off GabeN. He doesn't let you out of the TF2 box until you do some shit for it. Which eventually becomes half-assed shit because nobody wants to work on it any more.

[ Edited Mon May 04 2015, 11:20PM ]
Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0579 sec, 0.0107 of that for queries. DB queries: 39. Memory Usage: 2,486kB