Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: The Lounge
Bonnaroo 2015 << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
the_hammer_q
Mon May 04 2015, 03:03PM

Steam Alias: The Grand Inquisitor
Class: Soldier
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Is anyone else going? If so we should figure something out, maybe swap info and meet up at one of our camps, smoke a few bowls and chill or something!

AntiHick
Mon May 04 2015, 08:26PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

I never go to this even though it's in my own state.

I'm even friends with a woman who's aunt and uncle own the land it's held on.

Yahoozy
Mon May 04 2015, 08:31PM

Steam Alias: POLICEFIGHTER
Class: Sniper
Liked 19 times in 7 posts

Not much in that lineup I'd pay to see but Natty Legs is pretty cute.

the_hammer_q
Mon May 04 2015, 09:07PM

Steam Alias: The Grand Inquisitor
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

I never go to this even though it's in my own state.

I'm even friends with a woman who's aunt and uncle own the land it's held on.

What the hell man, how have you never been? I know it's pricey up front, but if you do the math on how many performers you can see vs price, it really isn't that bad. There have been some sick lineups the past few years too! It's a bit unfortunate that it's becoming more and more commercial though, I hear it was completely different only a couple of years ago.

Yahoozy wrote ...

Not much in that lineup I'd pay to see but Natty Legs is pretty cute.

What do you usually listen to?

sudo kill -9
Mon May 04 2015, 09:37PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] sudo kill -9
Class: Sniper
Liked 13 times in 4 posts

Limp Bizkit wasn't invited? I'm not going.

frostmute
Tue May 05 2015, 11:18AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

I think there is literally only ONE band on that entire list that I would want to see... and that band is Spoon. Iv'e seen Slayer and Against Me! several times each.

The rest of that is pretty MEH.

ProfessorJerk
Tue May 05 2015, 03:11PM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

Run the Jewels is the only thing I'd really give much of a shit about. Atmosphere I almost give a shit about but fall just a little short. Slayer in the year of our lord 2015 with a dead Hanneman and fired Lombardo... yeah, I saw them often enough with a real lineup so no thanks.

Festival shows are just an uncomfortable trainwreck of waiting through a thousand bad bands to see one or two that I give a shit about and could just wait to see on their own show.

frostmute
Tue May 05 2015, 08:25PM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

I declined to go see Mastodon tonight, in a tiny little club here is S.A., because my feet hurt and I needed to score some pot.

Sir Osis
Fri May 08 2015, 06:03AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

Run the Jewels is the only thing I'd really give much of a shit about. Atmosphere I almost give a shit about but fall just a little short. Slayer in the year of our lord 2015 with a dead Hanneman and fired Lombardo... yeah, I saw them often enough with a real lineup so no thanks.

Festival shows are just an uncomfortable trainwreck of waiting through a thousand bad bands to see one or two that I give a shit about and could just wait to see on their own show.

I am upset and appalled that you didn't mention D'Angelo. Seriously. I call you friend. Between you and Yahoozy, you guys are dumb as hell.

Personal vendettas aside, Bonnaroo is always a bit of a bummer, but nowhere near as bad as Cochella. Enjoy it pal, and find some good mushrooms for optimal experience.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0855 sec, 0.0141 of that for queries. DB queries: 67. Memory Usage: 2,621kB