Forums

The Gravity Bong :: Forums :: Community :: Tech Forum
Anybody get a new phone lately? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
ProfessorJerk
Wed May 06 2015, 05:39PM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

My S4 looks like it's finally on the way out, and I haven't really been keeping up with the current batch of smartphones. I'm almost definitely gonna wind up sticking with Android; the apps just aren't there for Windows phones and I absolutely abhor everything about iOS, so an iPhone is right the fuck out.

The S6 and Nexus 6 both look real slick, but are jumping on the no removable batteries bandwagon. I guess that's not as big of a deal as it used to be since mobile chargers are so prevalent now, but it still irks me. A friend of mine mentioned the G4, and it looks like a cool phone (that has a removable battery) but I have had some shitty experiences with LG devices in the past (aside from my left monitor, which owns).

So yeah, any input here? I'm on Verizon for whatever that's worth.

Mama
Wed May 06 2015, 05:43PM

Steam Alias: Mama
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

Loving my Note 4. It's huge... but I'm ok with that. It's got some nifty apps included, too.

ProfessorJerk
Wed May 06 2015, 05:49PM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

I am alright with the larger side of phone size but the Note sorta blows that out of the water and won't fit in half my damn pockets haha.

bldwilco
Wed May 06 2015, 06:07PM

Steam Alias: bldwilco
Class: Medic
Liked 4 times in 3 posts

My S4 is on its way out, too. About time for it to be "ol' yellered". When you grab a new one, could you update with what you got? I'm leaning towards S6 but I'm still on the fence.

holyass
Wed May 06 2015, 07:12PM

Steam Alias: HolyASS3490
Liked 32 times in 16 posts

I'm on Verizon as well. I got the Droid Turbo in December. Best phone I've ever had. Got the 64GB version (since the memory isn't upgradable) which I havent even gotten close to filling up. Screen is 4K and can shoot in 4K. EVERYTHING LOOKS SO PRETTY!!! Lightning fast processor. The battery life is stellar. I can be on my phone playing a game for more time than I ought to and have plenty of battery left. I actually forgot to plug it in last night, and I woke up to 50%, which is still plenty to work with. On top of all that, the battery can fully charge in about 1-1.5 hour(s), with the inital 25% charging in 15 minutes. This is my first phone without a physical keyboard, which I was a stickler about switching. I miss it, but its not so bad. It has a non-removable battery, though that hasnt really been as issue. Its still android 4.4.4. Motorola has promised from the beginning that it will be upgraded to Lollipop, though that hasnt happened. Apparently theyre waiting for 5.1, at least thats what Ive read. The ONLY downside is the speaker: theres only one and its at the top. So when watching videos in landscape, the sound is only on one side. Speaker is loud and adequate, so hasnt bothered me.

Been a droid fan. My previous phones were Droid 2 and Droid 4, which were very disappointing on the processor side. They did this droid justice. Its a great phone and Ive been really happy with it.

Droid Turbo on Verizon:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/droid-turbo/

CNET Review:
http://www.cnet.com/products/motorola-droid-turbo/

[ Edited Wed May 06 2015, 07:13PM ]
serenissima
Wed May 06 2015, 11:13PM

Steam Alias: Epik Kobold
Class: Engineer
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

I have had my phone for about 5 years.
Sadly I can't be of any help.
>_>

Helix
Wed May 06 2015, 11:25PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Helix
Class: Soldier
Liked 55 times in 29 posts

Stop denying your inner want and get an iPhone 6 paired with an apple watch

khamir-ubitch
Thu May 07 2015, 07:33AM

Steam Alias: [BonG] Dr. KhAmiR M.D.
Liked 253 times in 114 posts

Helix wrote ...

400 bucks for a watch that doesn't even have a mineral cyrstal? I don't think so.

To make matters worse, they design it with a protruding face instead of a recessed one to protect it from scratches. That's one watch I'll NEVER own.

Having said that, I'm trying to convince my wife to get an android. but....."THE APPS" have her roped in.

Sir Osis
Fri May 08 2015, 06:07AM

Steam Alias: Sir Osis of Liver
Class: Engineer
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

khamir-ubitch wrote ...

Helix wrote ...

400 bucks for a watch that doesn't even have a mineral cyrstal? I don't think so.

To make matters worse, they design it with a protruding face instead of a recessed one to protect it from scratches. That's one watch I'll NEVER own.

Having said that, I'm trying to convince my wife to get an android. but....."THE APPS" have her roped in.

Android or bust. I'm going to hijack this because I've recently found myself spending far too much time looking at actual watches, and you seem knowledgeable on the subject. What's a good 'starter' watch for some drunk idiot like me who decided that 'Huh. Wearing a nice watch would be cool?'.

DrakeMegrim
Fri May 08 2015, 06:28AM

Steam Alias: WD!!! Drake
Class: Demoman
Liked 113 times in 74 posts

Analog or digital?

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0907 sec, 0.0195 of that for queries. DB queries: 73. Memory Usage: 2,672kB