Forums

Go to page  [1] 2 3
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
Bullet-Tooth
Fri May 22 2015, 07:29PM

Steam Alias: 4995
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I wanted to bring up a reoccurring theme that I have noticed lately, because it has become frustrating.

I feel like we have had a larger occurrence of very young players (13 and younger?) aren't really contributing to the game or team. Generally, they hop on, spam into the mic, choose Engie or say Spy (class limited) and get about 5 points in a span of 20 min, which eventually turns into the downfall of the team, followed by a steam roll. I know I'm being pretty general but if you have been on this last month you have probably encountered this. It's frustrating be cause essentially you are down 2-3 players which can make or break a really fun game. And now I feel we have some following because the players are now semi-regular (Ch0ppy,Kelwin...and few others).

We're not talking the "Mitch" type either, he at least would hold conversation and at least play the game.

I usually end up muting them, but I end up in these situation where I want to go for example Engie because were getting ream'd. And there are these 3 kids built in the sewer right on top of each other with mini's. So can't cant even put forth the effort to make it a good game.

This is just a rant at this point, but I kinda wanted to see if were could have an official response by the admin team.

SoraPiroB
Fri May 22 2015, 07:42PM

Steam Alias: SoraPiroB
Class: Soldier
Liked 34 times in 26 posts

I feel you. I prefer not to get on the Bong early in the day, although sometimes I will if I see other regulars on. I'll go to the Prestige Gaming 2Fort servers sometimes because they have their own group of regulars that are decent players, although their rules are more lax than the Bong's. I'm just toughing it out to see how matchmaking turns out, maybe it'll improve gameplay on the Bong.

On an unrelated note, where Happy Hour at?

Dickbut
Fri May 22 2015, 07:55PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 116 times in 46 posts

Fuck kids.

AntiHick
Fri May 22 2015, 08:09PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

I've definitely noticed it. Summer has began, after all.

I'm still all for requiring parental consent for super young children to be on the server in the first place.

Bullet-Tooth
Fri May 22 2015, 08:18PM

Steam Alias: 4995
Class: Demoman
Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I like that idea "Parental consent." Has that been considered, in all seriousness?

Dickbut
Fri May 22 2015, 09:03PM

Steam Alias: Galot
Class: Spy
Liked 116 times in 46 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

I'm still all for requiring parental consent for super young children to be on the internet in the first place.

AntiHick
Fri May 22 2015, 09:07PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Dickbut wrote ...

AntiHick wrote ...

I'm still all for 36th trimester abortions.

frostmute
Sat May 23 2015, 09:57AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Class: Medic
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

A semi-related anecdote: My son is 8 and has 130 hours in TF2. Iv'e never really heard anyone giving him a hard time, maybe he's not that bad... lol

He's just randomly matching into servers, I expected to hear alot of shit, but only once have I heard something that he shouldnt be hearing and switched servers for him.

Also, This is a privately run server. You guys should be free to kick/ban anyone from the server that seems too immature/young and is affecting other people's enjoyment. There are thousands of other servers those kids can go play on.

[ Edited Sat May 23 2015, 10:11AM ]
Mama
Sat May 23 2015, 01:59PM

Steam Alias: Mama
Class: Pyro
Liked 38 times in 25 posts

frostmute wrote ...

A semi-related anecdote: My son is 8 and has 130 hours in TF2. Iv'e never really heard anyone giving him a hard time, maybe he's not that bad... lol

He's just randomly matching into servers, I expected to hear alot of shit, but only once have I heard something that he shouldnt be hearing and switched servers for him.

Also, This is a privately run server. You guys should be free to kick/ban anyone from the server that seems too immature/young and is affecting other people's enjoyment. There are thousands of other servers those kids can go play on.

I've done some of that. That seems to be when I start getting more shit about "banning for no reason."

I agree there needs to be more 'policing' of the kiddies. I'll do my best to try to keep them either in line...or off of our server.

Korben Dallas
Sat May 23 2015, 02:27PM

Steam Alias: Korben Dallas
Liked 40 times in 13 posts

frostmute wrote ...

Go to page  [1] 2 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0814 sec, 0.0148 of that for queries. DB queries: 71. Memory Usage: 2,651kB