Forums

Go to page  1 [2] 3
Moderators: Helix, silent, DrakeMegrim, Skyhawk, khamir-ubitch, Dickbut, holyass, GravyTrain, Blast_Tyrant, SoraPiroB, cosmic_marbles, Wolfwarrior27
Author Post
vahn0100
Sat May 23 2015, 02:41PM

Steam Alias: Vahn0100
Class: Soldier
Liked 9 times in 6 posts

Personally, I have no problem with kids playing as long as they do something useful, or at least try. If we have 3 engies all built in the sewer, I don't count that as trying to be useful.

Vali
Sat May 23 2015, 09:05PM

Steam Alias: Vali
Class: Medic
Liked 1 times in 1 posts

I don't think children have any business playing a rated M game, on a server named after drug paraphernalia.

[BONG] BigJoeZD
Sat May 23 2015, 09:18PM

Steam Alias: joey99964
Class: Heavy
Liked 2 times in 2 posts

Vali wrote ...

I don't think children have any business playing a rated M game, on a server named after drug paraphernalia.

I don't even know how i got to this server when i was 13.

AntiHick
Sat May 23 2015, 11:29PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

[BONG wrote ...
BigJoeZD]
Vali wrote ...

I don't even know how i got to this server when i was 13.

Well, when you did you weren't an annoying little twat. Which is why no one cared that you played here. Plus you had that whole accent thing working for you.

My whole "parental consent" idea isn't something I would want to enforce on every kid that comes on the server--basically it would (in my mind) be a legit means of removing the obnoxious pre teens who spam voice chat with asinine high pitched bullshit and do dick all gameplay wise.

If they make it too painfully obvious that they're young children you could say "Yeah, I'm gonna need parental consent for you to be here." They inevitably tell you to fuck yourself or spew whatever other words they can think of in an xbox live style attempt to look like a badass, and then they get banned.

In the unlikely event that one actually got their parent to come have a chat with us, we politely explain that our server is probably inappropriate for their child, offer to ban the kid if the parent wishes it so, and recommend eGo servers or whatever for all of their family friendly needs.

[ Edited Sat May 23 2015, 11:32PM ]
frostmute
Sun May 24 2015, 11:50AM

Steam Alias: frostmute
Liked 11 times in 6 posts

AntiHick wrote ...

My whole "parental consent" idea isn't something I would want to enforce on every kid that comes on the server--basically it would (in my mind) be a legit means of removing the obnoxious pre teens who spam voice chat with asinine high pitched bullshit and do dick all gameplay wise.

If they make it too painfully obvious that they're young children you could say "Yeah, I'm gonna need parental consent for you to be here." They inevitably tell you to fuck yourself or spew whatever other words they can think of in an xbox live style attempt to look like a badass, and then they get banned.

In the unlikely event that one actually got their parent to come have a chat with us, we politely explain that our server is probably inappropriate for their child, offer to ban the kid if the parent wishes it so, and recommend eGo servers or whatever for all of their family friendly needs.

Problem Solved.

Skyhawk
Sun May 24 2015, 12:40PM

Steam Alias: Skyhawk
Liked 113 times in 63 posts

After this weekend I will be back to playing more. I'm on Steam all day at work and will take a regular's word for it on a player kick if you'll message me. As for happy hour, I'm always up for a map change if it doesn't kill the server. If we are playing something as specific as Sora's map, my preference it to schedule it on something like a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I need to reinstall and test your map anyway.

knife_out
Sun May 24 2015, 01:37PM

Steam Alias: [BONG] Knife_Out (Chillin') -J-
Class: Sniper
Liked 51 times in 19 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

We should do more prop hunt during Happy Hour.

Love the idea Sky

AntiHick
Sun May 24 2015, 04:04PM

Steam Alias: TheAntiHick
Liked 3 times in 1 posts

Skyhawk wrote ...

I need to reinstall and test your map anyway.

That's already been done.

ProfessorJerk
Mon May 25 2015, 12:07AM

Steam Alias: Same as here (usually)
Class: Pyro
Liked 21 times in 5 posts

How the fuck am I ever gonna get laid if you ban kids from the server?

[BONG] BigJoeZD
Mon May 25 2015, 04:07AM

Steam Alias: joey99964
Class: Heavy
Liked 2 times in 2 posts

ProfessorJerk wrote ...

How the fuck am I ever gonna get laid if you ban kids from the server?

Take a leaf from Hick, a simple change of words on the description of your favorite weapon and you get "send (X) pics to professorjerk©gmail.com"
Replace (x) with the body part of your choosing

[ Edited Mon May 25 2015, 04:10AM ]
Go to page  1 [2] 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
The Gravity Bong Community Forums
Render time: 0.0826 sec, 0.0147 of that for queries. DB queries: 72. Memory Usage: 2,683kB